What’s the biggest Ku-band dish you’ve ever used… and when do gains start flattening?

SEOShamsher

Member
My Satellite Setup
Past setup:
• 8-ft dish covering 68.5°E, 75.0°E (Ku), 78.5°E, 83.5°E, 90.0°E, 93.5°E (Ku), 100°E, 105.5°E, 115.0°E
• 6-ft dish at 49.0°E
• Receivers: COSHIP CDVB2000B, Dish TV Zinga

Current status:
Sold all equipment — want to start again from scratch.
My Location
Ludhiana, Punjab, India
I’m really curious about real-world experiences from people who’ve actually pushed dish sizes to the limit.

What’s the largest Ku-band dish you’ve personally used?
1.2m? 1.8m? 2.4m? Even bigger?

How much did signal improve as you increased size?

Was it a big jump going from 90cm → 120cm?
What about 120cm → 180cm → 240cm?

Things I’d love to know:
At what size did weak/transponder signals suddenly become lockable?
What’s the “sweet spot” where gains feel worth it vs cost/space?
After what size did improvements become minor or negligible?

Hypothetical curiosity
If someone had something crazy like a:
6 meter dish
9 meter dish
15 meter dish

What extra would actually become receivable?
More feeds?
Fringe beams?
Or just better stability?

I’m especially interested in practical experience, not just theory.

Would love to hear setups, LNBs used, locations, and satellites tested
 
I’m really curious about real-world experiences from people who’ve actually pushed dish sizes to the limit.

What’s the largest Ku-band dish you’ve personally used?
1.2m? 1.8m? 2.4m? Even bigger?

How much did signal improve as you increased size?

Was it a big jump going from 90cm → 120cm?
What about 120cm → 180cm → 240cm?

Things I’d love to know:
At what size did weak/transponder signals suddenly become lockable?
What’s the “sweet spot” where gains feel worth it vs cost/space?
After what size did improvements become minor or negligible?

Hypothetical curiosity
If someone had something crazy like a:
6 meter dish
9 meter dish
15 meter dish

What extra would actually become receivable?
More feeds?
Fringe beams?
Or just better stability?

I’m especially interested in practical experience, not just theory.

Would love to hear setups, LNBs used, locations, and satellites tested
I m using prodelin 3.8M offset dish, For watch Astra19.2E in Pakistan/Punjab/Multan.
And watching 600+ Chanels on this Dish.

Veer g tussi Jo Enna goriya tu, pochanna chahnde ho, oh share sawala de jawab, menu PTA na, mein sub post tuhadi vikhiya nay, Jedi tussi ethay kittiya na,
Googi from bhawanigar and Dr. Gurpreet tu Mera number le Lena, Sub Twanu das du. Kunke mein Prime focus dish bhi use kar rya, Tay offset bhi.
 
Apna dm check kreo bro no share lai
 
Back
Top