What cam ???

markd359

Reaction score
Hello all,
At the moment i have a matrix reloaded 1.070. Im now looking for a second cam. What advice do you guys have on what cam i should get ?
I also only have a usb funprogrammer and 2xfun 6 cards so any cam that is compatable with those. Ive been talking to a guy down the pub and he says a joker cam is a good option. What do you guys think ?
Thanks in advance.
Mark.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Well...there's the dragon cam, the X cam, megapic 2 card and as you say the joker cam. I don't think the joker cam is of much use, others do abetter job. So, really it's a question of money (how much do you want to spend?) because we have to rely on files becoming available for the cams. Sometimes a file will come out on only one cam for a week or so and if you don't own one you miss out. Basically it's not easy to recommend one over another.

markd359

Reaction score
Cheers Jimbo for your response. I havent really got a budget, i was just wondering if you guys had any recomendations towards a certain cam. What do you think of the new revolution ? is that worth buying ?
Thanks.
Mark.

gjones

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
home
I have read some of the comments on the other sites and a lot of people have said the the Matrix Reloaded is basically the same, and a lot of people are not buying the Matrix Revolution.

I think a lot of problems are not actually the Matrix Revolution, but the amount of new cams that are out there now. THe Matrix Reloaded is still being updated on most file uploads sites daily and weekly.

There were no specs that I know of for the Matrix Revolution, the site I used to go to said the specs were on a need to know basis.
Some of the guys posting say the only difference is just more memory.
But you can use a subset of the providers, I ususlly zero unused ones because the less you use the faster the cam is at working.

markd359

Reaction score
Thanks gjones. Ive been doing a bit of reading up for a couple of hours and im now thinking of getting a dragon cam. I know i will have to get a new programmer aswell. Should i get the infinity phoenix or a cas 2 ? Everywhere ive read says the dragon cam is the best cam. Do you have any views on this ?
Thanks.
Mark.

guiri

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester, UK
Something with a phoenix mode is good for programming titanium cards as well, if you need to go that route in the future.

CAS2 is pretty useful with an MR, but not sure about using it with the dragon.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
The dragon has a loader card which is programmed through phoenix mode and then inserted in the cam in the receiver and the cam is updated through the CI menu.

markd359

Reaction score
Thanks again guys. im definately gonna go for the dragon cam and an infinity phoenix. I will keep you informed on what i think when i get it. Cheers.

gjones

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
home
markd359 said:
Thanks again guys. im definately gonna go for the dragon cam and an infinity phoenix. I will keep you informed on what i think when i get it. Cheers.

I have the infinity usb phoenix and it will do almost any card you put in it.

I would have said the CAS 2 for the MR, because they are making a smartcard programmer addon for the CAS2 but I do not think it is ready yet.
They have another one that I may try called Dynamite it supposedly has a crystal I think that is programmable up to 90Mhz.

But I still think you are making a pretty good choice, but I really do not see that many updates and changes being added for the Dragon. Maybe because there are not as many as the MR.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
@markd359

A word of caution on the Infinity mate which you may already know. It does require a serial connection and lead to work in phoenix mode. I have one and it's no problem. The new Elvis (USB version) doesn't require the serial connection and will also prog any card I believe.