programmer to programme my card .

thanks

derek

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately Derek, unless the file tells you in it's readme, you have to check what's available by going to www.lyngsat.com or www.satcodx.com and looking for channels which are encrypted in the relevant version, ie, if its a Seca file, you should be looking for mediaguard (not M 2).
If its a 6-in-1 file then obviosly you have more to look for, but quite often there will be a readme with details of providers covered by the file.

With regard to which files to use, normally there will be some hint, it may be in the readme, it may be in the file name, ie Humax or Freecam etc, or it may simply be the latest one for the Eeprom.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
if you view the file that contains the keys and provider information ("idents") using the correct editor (an editor that can correctly interpret the particular layout of the key-file) then you will be able to read out the provider idents and the keys. This will allow you to determine which providers (i.e. packages) are enabled, and (by reference to an up-to-date key site) whether the respective providers' keys are actually active. Reference to a site such as Lyngsat will then show you which channels are available for those providers.

2old

D

d.brown7

hi rolf

tried 2 or three times to programme the gold card but up
till now had no joy .

on my programmer in the pic memory i put the
following

seca16provamei.2003

in the external ee prom there is nothing

in the card i put gold

in the pic i put 16f84\a

in the ext ee i put 24c16

can you think what i am doing wrong .

thanks

derek

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
After you have loaded the files and pressed programme. what messages do you get at the bottom of panel?

D

d.brown7

hi rolf

it comes up saying programming pi word with loads of numbers behind it

also it says writing external ee prom with numbers behind it

thanks

derek

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
In the three right hand boxes you should have:

Gold Card
16F84
24C16

In the three lefthand boxes:

Tick and load Pic File
Tick and load Eeprom
Code protect off

D

d.brown7

hi rolf

when i tick and load pic file

my documents come up what am i looking for

also what do i look for in the eeprom

thanks

derek

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If you've unpacked the zip file to your documents folder you will find the two files, they will both end in .hex.