What do I need?

cryo75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5500PVR
My Location
Western Europe
Hi all,

I have a Topfieled 5500PVR pointing to Astra at 19.2 I will soon upgrade the dish to point at Hotbird at 13 too.

I'm main interested to manage to view erotic pay-tv senders. What CAMs, cards do I need and do I also need card programmers?

Thanks,
cryo

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
cryo75 said:
Hi all,

I have a Topfieled 5500PVR pointing to Astra at 19.2 I will soon upgrade the dish to point at Hotbird at 13 too.

I'm main interested to manage to view erotic pay-tv senders. What CAMs, cards do I need and do I also need card programmers?

Thanks,
cryo

Welcome to Hot Bird 13E.
You might find this thread useful, as it tells you about adult channels quality, their encryptions and package names. (MV channels have gone)
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...s/107393-adult-channels-quality-hot-bird.html
If your receiver has a cam slot or CI slot, try to find out which encryptions does it supports before deciding on the package, otherwise you might need to buy another receiver to match the card encryption option that you might buy.
Viaccees and Irdeto are the most popular.
Check out our site sponsors page offers.
http://www.satellites.co.uk/index.php?page=sponsors

cryo75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5500PVR
My Location
Western Europe
My receiver has to CI slots. I think one is an integrated Conax and the other is free, ie. I can place any CAM I like.

I would like to purchase a CAM that lets me be free programming it, ie. one time I use it for Premiere, other times for Dorcel, Spice, Hustler, Playboy, Arena, etc. I know this would mean different cards & keys but I believe the most important thing in this kind of setup is the CAM, or?

Thanks,
cryo

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
cryo75 said:
My receiver has to CI slots. I think one is an integrated Conax and the other is free, ie. I can place any CAM I like.

cryo

Try to check the encryption support of the CAM from the manual or ask the manufacturer or his distributor. Don't assume anything when it comes to CAMs.

cryo75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5500PVR
My Location
Western Europe
Well, I guess I would need a second CAM in the other slot if I want to open up other channels with different cards, right?

cryo

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
cryo75 said:
Well, I guess I would need a second CAM in the other slot if I want to open up other channels with different cards, right?

cryo

First of all check which encryptions the other CI slot can support before buying any cams.
For example, it will not support NDS for sure. Take it from here.

cryo75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5500PVR
My Location
Western Europe
The Conax slot supports only Conax. The other CI slot is empty and I would need a CAM for it.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
cryo75 said:
The Conax slot supports only Conax. The other CI slot is empty and I would need a CAM for it.

You are missing the point.
The other CI slot MAY NOT ACCEPT any CAM.
Try to find out which CAMs it will accept, before buying any cams.

cryo75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5500PVR
My Location
Western Europe
I've checked and it accepts all CAMs that conform to the CI standard.

cryo

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
cryo75 said:
I've checked and it accepts all CAMs that conform to the CI standard.

cryo

Any manufacturer will claim that but the reality is some stb's do not work with certain cams....just be aware of that

cryo75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5500PVR
My Location
Western Europe
Back to my original question, what CAMs do I need and would I need smartcards to program the CAMs or what?

cryo

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
cryo75 said:
Back to my original question, what CAMs do I need and would I need smartcards to program the CAMs or what?

cryo

I do not know I do not watch programs like that, I suggest you read the relevent sections of the forum. I would however suggest that only a modern CAM such as the Dragon or Trex would have the processing power for today's encryption systems. For sure programming CAMS with cards is very old hat now and most people use a CAS II or CAS III programmer

cryo75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5500PVR
My Location
Western Europe
Does a Cas3 programmer require a smartcard or is the cam inserted directly into the cas3?

Another questions... I see lots of these keys. where are they entered? using the cas3 programmer or sat receiver itself?

cryo

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
As you have now the dish pointing to Astra 19.2E, which CAMs are you using already?
Surely there are some interesting channels and packages there.
Have you checked if your model is patchable?
Might save you buying CAMs.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
The Cas 3 can program Dragon/T-Rex cams without the need for a card, it uses a dummy card, an oblong circuit board, connected to the Cas 3 and inserted into the cam.
You need a Cas programmer to update the Diablo Cam, currently the best cam on the market as the 2.3 model opens Canal Digital 1W, and DigitAlb 16E, but for how long they stay open is anyones guess.
You can update keys using your receiver and remote control but only for available packages.

cryo75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5500PVR
My Location
Western Europe
@HB13DISH:
I'm currently pointing to Astra 19.2 but I still have no CAMs. I will first update my setup so I can also point to HB at 13 and then check what packages are available.

What do you mean by patchable?

@Michka:
This means that I should consider getting the Diablo 2.3 Cam & Cas3+ programmer. This should open up most packages on Astra and/or Hotbird.

What do you mean by 'You can update keys using your receiver and remote control but only for available packages.'? Do I enter the keys in the CAM using Cas3 or the receiver?

thanks,
cryo

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Topper said:
For sure programming CAMS with cards is very old hat now and most people use a CAS II or CAS III programmer
I would say the statement above from my previous post answers your question but if you want to know more go have a read about the Duolab products
cryo75 said:
Does a Cas3 programmer require a smartcard or is the cam inserted directly into the cas3?
cryo75 said:
Another questions... I see lots of these keys. where are they entered? using the cas3 programmer or sat receiver itself?
cryo

All depends on where you are seeing them as you do not say I cannot answer. This hobby is not something you can learn over night it is also not possible to just give one word answers to question. These aspects have been covered in previous posts. The idea of a self help forum is that you read about the particular aspect of the hobby you are interested in then start asking questions. If you want a good overview of cams and encryption systems then here is a good read

cryo75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5500PVR
My Location
Western Europe
Let's say I want to open up Hustler TV. What are the tools that I need?

cryo

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
In this hobby you can't just select channels that you want to view, unless you wish to subscribe to the package carrying those channels.
Currently you can view Hustler TV on 5E, which is why it is a good idea to have a motorized dish set up.
A motorized dish allows you more viewing options for future requirements.
We have had Premiere 19E, Polsat 13E, TPS 13E, and Digi TV 1W open for some time now but these packages are upgrading their encryption and will not be available much longer.
For guaranteed viewing you need to subscribe to a package, like DigitAlb 16E, which provides a mixture of sport, films and mature content channels.
If you think of viewing satellite channels as a hobby rather than a way of getting free television then it begins to make more sense.
We are never sure what we will be able to get, and sometimes we don't get a lot of viewing choices, but when a package is opened, like Digi TV, we get a lot of satisfaction from viewing these channels.
You will see a lot of mention regarding feeds, these are usually sporting events being transmitted across other satellites which we occasionally can pick up, this is another enjoyable part of our hobby.
I suggest you have a read round the forum cryo and decide what will suit your needs best, whether you wish to subscribe to a package, for guaranteed viewing, or take a chance and join the satellite hobby.
Many members do both and subscribe to a package but also scan the satellite arc for feeds and hacked packages.