I'd like to know what CAM firmware it is better to use with 3in1
on funcard ? AllCam or FreeCam2 ?

Thanks

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
"Funcard" is a type of card and can be loaded with a whole range of different hex files for different purposes. In terms of the operation of the card itself, it doesn't care whether the Irdeto CI CAM it's inserted into is programmed as an AllCAM or as a FreeCAM.

The "3-in-1" hexes (DS9, Alfredo, 3-in-1fun) are only suitable for use in a FreeCAM (ie NOT an AllCAM), and a specific limited number of versions at that. Namely, FreeCAM2 v0.15, 0.16 and 0.17.

2old

S

sbaudry

ok,
thanks a lot for your reply,
it's true that my question was not well asked.
I mixed up things.

What I really wanted to say is that I was
planning to use the funcard to put 3in1.

Have you seen 3in1fun working yet ?
or another of 3in1 ...

does it work with any receiver (I have a nok. 9600s)
I will also put the FreeCam2 0.17 on my ird. allcam.

Seb

malcol27

Reaction score
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 21-Aug-01 AT 08:35 AM (GMT)[/font][p]hmmm I also have a 9600s and funcard. I am using 1821k and have seen it working with some Ird*** some Vi*** (not nordic) and Se** using PicCard2. With Funcard, I have just begun to test and will reply here with my results. If anyone else has any information using fun3in1 with 9600s, what version firmware on the NOkia and which Funcard file(s)? Thanks!

S

sbaudry

I will test soon if it works for me, I have 9600s with dvb2000 1.82.6 installed, I'm waiting for the CAM and card. I should probably test this week.

What CAM firmware do you use ? FreeCAM2 0.17 ?

malcol27

Reaction score
I have had limited success with Funcard and even more limited success with piccard2. I have seen on some boards that the CoCo setting has to be changed for 9600, but Im not sure what to change it to. If anyone has anything to add for 9600s, freecam, and PIccard2, please do so here.

malcol27

Reaction score
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 04-09-01 AT 07:50 AM (GMT)]O.K. for Funcard 3in1 to work on 9600 you need to have DVB1821dream its a version from November 2000. That is the only version of Firmware I have seen work consistently with Funcard3in1. The big difference that I can see is that when this version of DVB2000 accesses a channel, it will put on the screen which encryption type is being used, so you will actually see "S***" on the channel bar of a S*** channel or you will see "Vi****" on a Via channel as opposed to just the letter "S" which indicates that it is a scrambled channel. The Freecam settings made no difference regardless of provider. Make sure All-ECM is on, ECM is set to Ird*** and EMU is set to OFF.

The Freecam can be version .16 or .17. Palcos and Vi*** TV3's will not work and with some versions of Fun3in1, none of Vi**** on 5E will work, so try different versions. Funcard 3in1 v2.3 seems to be the most reliable. Also, the settings file from rehtec.com worked fine for the channels as well as the one from drhans.org.

If anyone is able to get Viasat Nordic to work with Fun3in1 and the 9600 or able to get DS9 to work with 9600, please post here how you did it. Also, if you have seen the combinations above work with other versions of DVB2000 with good results, give us a post !

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi,

There is a DS9 File here http://www.geocities.com/satmeat/yourpage.html Which said all Sirius although I haven't try it.I presume it might work.

Regards

Prince

S

sbaudry

Hi,

now the CAM works, and I tried fun 3in1 but
I can get only ird. channels.

With FreeCAM2 0.17, 9600s, and DVB2000 1821k.

any ideas to solve this ?

Thanks

M

Marques

Alo
I am use Nokia 9600 dvb1821dream, fun 3_in_1_v2.4 ,(see http://sat-digital-tv.admin.net.pl/upload/2001-09-09/)

Evriding work ok ,ird... ,sec.... ,via....

Open spanish palco
Open swiss SWR
Open Multivision
Open French Kiosk

Marques

S

sbaudry

Thanks,

The only thing I don't have, and I don't know where
to download is 1821dream, do you have a place to get it ?

Seb

S

sbaudry

I sent you an email through the forum so that
you have my email. in case it doesn't work
it's sebastien.baudry2@free.fr

Thanks

M

Marques

My Email dont work now.
I send to you for this Email, now (20H06m im portugal)sebastien.baudry2@free.fr

Marques

M

maxid

can u upgrade an irdeto cam to an allcam without a notebook? or downgrade from version1.06 to 1.05?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Maxid: please read the board rules.
Many older posts on this board explain what/how etc re. CAM programming.

2old