What have I done????

Robbiewright

Member of the Big Dish Club
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky plus V3 and a 50 inch plasma screen.
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
Last night in the wee small hours I wanted to look at Mr Blaine in his box by pressing the red button on 5ky One. Once on the interactive screen I had the text but no picture. When I decided to exit the interactive screen the box froze. I unplugged it from the wall waited ten seconds and plugged it in again. I have done this several times before and it usually take a few minutes for the EPG to download but I can still watch if I select Other Channels. This time the EPG won't download and the only channels I can see through Other Channels are the free to air ones.

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?!?!?!

Robbie

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You will probably need to re-enter the default transponder (one on the Southern beam) Robbie, it resets to the one on the northern beam when powered down.

Robbiewright

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
The thing is where I live I lose electricity almost every day and normally I regain the EPG within half an hour of it restarting and all the channels are available through Other Channels. This time I am only getting the free channels ... what would a forced download do, and how do I do it if I need to do one? Default transponder is 11778 V which is a north beam I think.

Robbie

Robbiewright

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
IT WORKS!!! Thanks for your help, again, Rolf!

Robbie