What internal cam in the 7020

bigsinky

DVB Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m triax motorised from 28.2e to 30w, relook 400, dreambox 7020, DM500, skystar1, nokia 9500,humax FTA, full 7.1 home cinema

xp4600+ @2.7GHz(aircooled) , 4.5TB HDD, 4GB SDRAM, Dual 8800
My Location
Belfast
Just wondering what the internal cams are in my 7020. some have said it is like a dragon cam, while other say it is more a multicam. if i program a funcard using files from elsewhere can i use this card in the card slot to decrypt channels on 19.2 and 13e.

I am finding the the emus with the keys are not clearing channels especially on 19.2. the likes of evocamd, newcamcs etc will not clear channels. should they be? what am i doing wrong?

cheers

sinky

-RTFM-

DB Reader
Reaction score
My Location
Gloucestershire
Theres not a great deal which can be opened at the moment. I think the latest camd and keys are your best bet for 19E/13E.

Using a funcard you'll still need to run a softcam. Have a dig around on the ihad site for more uptodate keys and here for configuring the cardslots with different softcams.

:-hny

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
You shouldn't really need anything else apart from your 7020S, I started off with newcamd, or camd3 or something, get the latest keys, and it will pretty much clear everthing that can be on those feeds. What specificially cant you clear, are you sure those can be?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
The way that Linux receivers are advertised by know-nothing retailers and resellers is very poor. There is no CAM related hardware at all in any of these boxes, and that is why they are so flexible.

Everything is done by software, as described above. :)

HTH

STICK