What is the minimum dish size for receiving Amos 2&3

al_madhi

Regular Member
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
AMOS 2&3 MIDDLE EAST KU BAND FIXED BEAM
_http://sfhti.com/upfiles/yhT34268.gif

Hi , ppl I would like to receive Amos 2&3 ( 4 deg. west ) in Riyadh - Saudi Arabia

Please what is the minmum dish size that you would recommend for receiving Amos2&3 in Riyadh - Saudi Arabia .

Actually I tried to receive Amos 2&3 with a fixed sold dish 1.8 m ( 6 ft ) one piece ( Paraclipse Make ) But I could not receive it .

By looking at the Footprint Map shown above , the third contour with 49dBW signal strength which passes over Riyadh City . Then how come I can not receive Amos2&3 satellite with a fixed sold dish 1.8m ( 6 ft ) ?

Any thought you would have be greatly appreciated .

Best Regards

A.M.AL-MADHI

[Moderation] Unparsed URL
 
49dB suggests a 60-80cm dish should be plenty!

-http://www.flysat.com/dish.php
 
al_madhi said:
By looking at the Footprint Map shown above , the third contour with 49dBW signal strength which passes over Riyadh City . Then how come I can not receive Amos2&3 satellite with a fixed sold dish 1.8m ( 6 ft ) ?

In the same way that a tuner cannot process signals that are too weak below it's threshold, the coverse applies and a tuner cannot process a signal when it is being swamped by that signal. If you really have to use a dish that is many times the required size then you will have to experiment inserting different value in-line attenuators, assuming of course you are pointing at the correct satellite location
 
-http://flysat.com/yes.php for FlySat Yes Packages, I dont know if this helps mahdi. In Jordan I can recieve Amos middleeast coverage with a solid signal with a 1.80m, I think even with a smaller dish I can also recieve good signal. As for Riyadh, I think you might need a 3m and up dish to recieve some amos coverage, thats what I remember reading a while back, but you need to double check my info.
 
@ al_madhi it would help enormously if you would be more specific in what you want to receive as these sats have ME beams and European beams, what channels do you want to receive?
 
Back
Top