what lnb

the crazy 1

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hi guys

i have sky digital installed with a single output lnb i now want to add another box and have been told to get a twin or quad lnb
is there any particular one i should go for or will any twin or quad lnb work

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes they will, but they will be difficult to mount and will not be optimised for the minidish, you need one of the ones designed for the minidish, you can get them from CPC, Astratech, Satcure and loads of others.

the crazy 1

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thanks alot rolf

i have seen a couple on ebay do you think it is wise to buy from them they are about £35.00 or so and will i need a sat meter to realign it

thank :confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Should be OK from eBay, providing they are new, also you shouldn't need a sat meter, as only a small amount of tweaking may be necessary.

the crazy 1

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hi me again

could you tell me what cable i should use with a quad lnb i had a look on some other site and they say 75ohm cable will it have to be 75ohm or will others do

many thanks

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
The cable should not be TV quality but be rated for satellite at 950 to 2050 MHZ normal 75 ohm cable will introduce to many losses form the lnb

Any of the satellite dealers should have the correct cable

Regards

Old Satellite