What Makes A Man Boring?

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
It's a word often used to undermine someone. "HE'S BORING!" But what is being boring?

Is it:

1) Someone who spends his entire life collecting crisp packets from around the world?

2) Someone who wears thick NHS specs, is constantly glued to the computer and whose name is Norman?

3) Someone who is aged 36, never travelled, still lives with his mum and has never had a girlfriend?

4) A humourless fanatic of Star Trek, who dresses up as one of the monsters on a daily basis?

5) A non drinker or smoker who watches Coronation Street and collects used milk cartons!?

6) Someone who spends 3 minutes writing a questionaire about why someone might be boring? :D

By the way, I used "a man" in this brief questionaire...simply because I couldn't figure out how a woman could be boring, other than she had no sense of humour!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think it is subjective, a man/woman can be considered boring by one group, whilst at the same time being able to captivate a company of like minded people.:)

I do find people without a sense of humour boring though.:)

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Boring, give me a man(or woman) that has one big mission here in life

Their ego:eek:

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Saturlight, your are thinking doing an introspective I take it?? :-rofl2 :-rofl2

My new love aspect has a habit of repetition repetition; which I find boring. He always starts the story the same way - which is a good trigger for me to pipe-in "you told me, next!" I've gotten over being polite and saying the "that's fascinating/really/no, never!" thing.

Can't quite figure the connection between boring and ego though :confused Albeit, in my old commercials editing job, I met my fair share of coke'd-up ad/music promo types: they were tedious - but not necesarily boring (I thought the coke thing highly amusing and would play along with it ;-))

Mind, boring could be having BarMoo as a username. Most times I think so :-rofl2 :-rofl2

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
In my whole flipping life I only met ONE boring person

But I tell U, he was outstanding in his field :-rofl2

BTW. I was called boring (once) by a pal-he is not with us anymore lol

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I certainly wouldn't call you boring Dig. :) Not after you'd drunk a bottle of Scotch anyway. :-lmao

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
I was in my local last night for a goodnight drink. There was a bloke who was fed two large JD's and cola in the time I had gotten halfway down my pint (0.5Lt). He knew the owner and I reckon they were a good 6cl+ measure!

As he was drinking his second, his mate asked for his tab.

JD bloke was clearly drunk by this point - but, clearly, not boring enough for his mate - because when JD bloke ordered his third his mate ordered another beer.

Was quite funny to observe both. Mind, while he was finishing off his third drink, I would have hated being introduced to him: i.e., drunk boring/incomprhendibledubel .........

And I thought I could rattle through a bottle of Bourbon :confused Heho.

[edit] P.S. Dig isn't boring - people from Finland and Norway are *wink* Only joking ;-))