What size dish do i need for nilesat 7'W for football

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rd100
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rd100 said:
Check this thead out about the 1.8m fortec star on nilesat that i am useing

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...star-1-8m-dish-aint-bad-after-all-c-band.html

The key to makeing the dish work well is putting it together and useing a adjustable ku-band prime focus feedhorn,

If you are not use to putting these type of dish together you will struggle

I put mine together with some help from my misses as it is helpfull to have another set of hands to pass you tools etc,

Many thanks Rd100, for all your links & input, (I got lost somewhere in the many crosslinks)
The Fortec Star 1.8m does look a good buy & by the time I got around to Maplins,
they had sold out.
Should be back in stock soon hopefully.

I have just two questions;
1. could I have the model No. of your adjustable feedhorn please.

2. what make of dish is this item 170051409186 on ebay, good value or not

Thanks again
Hugh
 
Has anybody in northern England successfuly got the horizontal transponders? I'm considering buying the 2.4m Fortec Star from Maplins.
 
Is the maplin 2.4 dish guaranteed to getting Nilesat, because I live in south Wales and a few people said they bought the maplin 2.4 and chucked it in the bin

isit it guaranteed at least for 2 / 3 years
 
I was looking at the 2.4 metre satellite on the maplin website and asked for some advice from people and whether it would guarantee recieving Nilesat (V+H), a few people said that they bought it and chucked it in the bin, due to the bad quality of the satellite,

So I was wondering is the 2.4 m Prime Focus satellie dish guaranteed to getting Nilesat, and would it survive for 2/3 years through tough weathers

Thank you

:-banned
 
No-one can answer the first question as it all depends how well its put together.

Be warned, from reports on this forum, the dishes are somewhat flimsy....
 
Well i had no problem with my 1.8m fortec star but then again i have been working with dishes since i was a kid.
 
london-guy said:
thanks mate
that was very helpful
i have a showtime Subscription in Morocco its still running
the family there enjoying it
but its hard to get showtime signal in UK London and 1.8 dish seems almost impossible to install)(-red:-DOH2 :-Nooo :toke: :confused: :mad: 'O'
hi i have channel 1.8 m prime focus dish it is easy to install my email

[fieldset=Admin Message]Advise that you read the rules.[/fieldset]
 
Probably a little too late to offer help, the post to which you are responding is three years old.;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top