What version cam ?

D

DCFC

How can I find out what version cam is my embedded Aston/Seca cam ?

The dealer didn't seem to know & I don't think it's an option within the menu's to interrogate it. I don't yet have a Seca card to put in the receivers slot.

Any advice would be welcome.

Regards,

DCFC

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi,
Slot the cam into a receiver, access the cam menu, and then information, and it would give what version of cam it is.

Regards

Prince

D

DCFC

I understand what you are saying but the cam is EMBEDDED, hence I cannot put it in another slot, as it's behind the single card slot of the receiver.

Regards,

DCFC

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello DCFC

I would guess that you will need to say what kind of STB you have, then someone with a simillar one will no doubt tell you which keys to press to get the ansewr you want.

Regards

W Hole

D

DCFC

Well rather than let everyone trawl through my posts to find that answer, I shall tell you. It's a Manhattan DSR 5500 CI-M. :)

Regards,

DCFC

The Internet is a useful tool for looking up info!
Hence I put DSR 5500 into a search engine and it came up with this:#

http://www.manhattan-dvd.com/main.htm

Then go to SUPPORT and it allows you to download the instruction manual as a PDF file. If you don't have the reader:

http://www.adobe.co.uk/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

There is a file for the Viacess receiver but not the Mediaguard.
I am presuming (but not 100%) that the SW is the same.
Look at page 22 and it says this:

USING VIACCESS CARD SLOT C (DSR 5500 CIVP)
Insert a valid Viaccess smart card into slot C behind the flap on the front panel. Ensure that the card contacts are facing downwards.
Each SMART card contains your subscription details. You can view your entitlement via the COMMON INTERFACE menu by using the MENU button as below.
1. Press MENU button and select COMMON INTERFACE and the menu will appear.
2. Select the slot you are using and press SELECT button.
3. Select the item you desire and press SELECT button again.
4. Press ESC if you wish to exit from this menu.

Hope this helps!

D

DCFC

Thanks for the info..however all is not what it appears to be.

It says exactly what you have stated in the proper manual for the Seca version however when I go into the common interface menu I only get the option as follows:-

SLOT A) No module installed
SLOT :cool: DVB cam

but no mention of slot C)..I will try again tonight as I think that SLOT :cool: is the one I need but would have put any money on it that it should have been SLOT C)

Footnote. After updating some files on my card to a different set I obtained Kiosque channels, but noted that version 1.05 of the files had certain channels reading back to the card every 20 secs or so which interrupted the continuity of the broadcast. I then swapped to version 1.03 & everything is fine. This leads me to deduce that it's actually version 1.03 of the Aston /Seca cam???..This makes sense...right :)

Regards,

DCFC

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Perhaps the slot (C) is not mentioned in the "Common Interface" menu simply because it is not a common-interface CAM. It is an embedded CAM. I don't know the receiver, but wonder if there is a separate menu with the embedded CAM?
2old

Z

zoltar

I guess it is the way you programmed the card not the cam version .... you may watch Stream and all programmes that are watched by aston 1.05 users ....... try using Secanix or the new Piccard .... Though cinestar does not seem to open with Secanix