what was in your opinion the best analouge receiver,in the pciture and sound?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!

just found i nice page ,about all our old friends:)
where we grow up,from childhood!

_http://www.rewindmuseum.com/vintagesatellite.htm

now,everyone,is invited,to vote a lastime,like a tribute,for the best analoge receiver ever produced!

my favorites are still the montery series 40/140,i still use them to moving dishes,also in reverse,when something would happen the uniden receiver,you see on the website,and the echostar sr 4500,the first with integrated 36 volt!
lt 8700 for sure,but the picture,on montery series,is much better,i would say then on the lt series!

there was also an older echostar that support 24 Volt output,iam long searching for this modell but i dont find it!
drake esr 2000,i also like but i sold it in the meantime!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
There is already a thread dealing with (almost) obselete machinery

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/retro-tech/151518-antique-device-two.html

From memory the first Montereys came over here with 24v actuator transformers which would quickly go open circuit. All repairs were disputed as user damage for the first six months by the importer until the manufacturer sent a shipment of much beefier units.

But for the best video quality, I would have to say my old Gensat was hard to beat (the RSR 50 came close)

For audio, the Wegener enhanced Uniden 7007 was superb and a tenth of the cost of the Chapparal.

_http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.mysnip.de/forum-archiv/thema/8773/122033/Wegener%2BPanda,%2BJ.17%2Bund%2B50%25B5s%2B-%2BWas%2Bist%2Bdas%253F.html&ei=aFrLSpH0BsKC4QaZtZXHAQ&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=5&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dwegener%2Bpanda%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
The first analogue satellite receiver I had was a Grundig. I can't remember the model number but it was in the days before integrated Videocrypt decoders but I found it had the best sound even though it didn't have true Wegener circuitry. It sounded great when connected to a decent hifi.

It also had two LNB inputs and video bandwidth reducing option to pull in the weaker signals a little better which was useful when looking for those weaker satellites (which was pretty much everything other than Astra 1A in those days!).

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Now don't laugh but I only recently replaced my Strong SRT1500MKII with a Vbox2 ..
Its a long time since I actually used it as a receiver ...but it was still in service as a positioner for my 1.8 PF dish.
A very versatile receiver which gave good results and very 'tweakable'.

..and I still have my first half decent analogue receiver in the loft ..A Discus Elipse ...which had a very annoying habit of losing all the positioner settings if the power went down.

plus 2 videocrypt decoders ..one of which was modded to Videocrypt 2 (if memory serves only mtv was available in this format)
and at the bottomof the pile ...a Churchil D2mac decoder which cost me a months wages back then ..
Non of which are any use these days ...but you know how it is ...
..I just can't bring myself to chuck 'em out..
;)

iandoh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Mutlibracket (19e, 13e, 10e, 9e, 4.8e) & 1.2m @ 28e
My Location
Pärnu. Estonia/Burgas, Bulgaria
I have 4 receievers here
Amstrad SRD 400
Amstrad SRD 510
Matsui 6000
and a Pace MSS 100

I am using the SRD 400 right this second to watch Bob Ross the Joy of Paiting but I switched between all 4 and the pace appears to be the best image and sound.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
when the settings are always lost,after power replug,there could be a memory fault,same happens on my uniden dual axis receiver,sometimes it helps when you replace the watch batterys inside,but not always!
where difucult to locate this failure!