What wire or software do I use to transfer things from the pc to the box?

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Satellite
My Location
London
Recently bought a dreambox 500 for an extortionate £250 with some channels already on it. My friend bought the same box from somewhere else but hers has nothing installed on it.

I'm trying to copy the setup I have on my box to allow her to watch the same things I have, but am struggling to get to grips with tutorials and technical jargon.

My question is;

"What wire or software do I use to transfer things from the pc to the box?"

I've already bought a male-male null modem cable and a male-female null modem cable. Neither one helping.

Appreciate the help guys

Thanks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
When you say "with some Channels already on it", are you telling us you are making use of a Commercial Card-Share?

If so, discussion of such illegal and foolhardy techniques is not permitted on this Forum.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Satellite
My Location
London
I understand, and to my knowledge there was no card-sharing involved and all channels are available legally. I was simply trying to copy my set-up to her box.

Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Is your receiver plugged into your router and do you get pay channels??

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
I think there is a clue in the posters name!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Satellite
My Location
London
There seems to be a misunderstanding, the channels I have are the likes of fillm4,e4,bbc3 ect. Plus I have many arab channels which are completly legal to watch. I have a working sky box with all the channels in my home also. I assure you there is no wrong-doings on my behalf.

Hope this clears things up.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I'm afraid the misunderstanding still exists: A DM500S costs peanuts*. You said at Post#1 that it cost you £250.You acknowledged that was extortionate. So why did you buy it?

* Where "Peanuts" = £50

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Well, if its completely genuine, I am sure it will have an image on the box. Connect the box to the dish and tv. Go into set up (set lnb for single or multiple if like yours and the satellite they are pointing to) and do an automatic channel scan. Should bring up all the FTA channels your friend can receive. If no image on box, you will need to download dreamup 1.3.2.1 and a good image (I use Open PLi). You can then put the image on your friends box, then channel search. Any problems just do a quick search on this forum and you should find the answers.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Lesane-Parish-Crooks said:
there was no card-sharing involved and all channels are available legally. I was simply trying to copy my set-up to her box.
If you are just trying to copy your channel list to her box use DBEdit.