Whats the advantage?

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
I have installed the Xtreme 9000 receiver.......that comes in the box already patched and a programmable ucas....currently i am using a 6 in 1 card...so what would the advantage for me to purchase a matrix reloaded cam?........waverider

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Probably not much at the moment Waverider, aside from the autoupdate on Hispasat.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Autoupdate?..mmmmm..whats that then rolfw?....waverider

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hispasat channels change keys nearly every day, the MR is equipped to update to the new keys, just like an original card would.

M

mosafu

rolfw said:
Hispasat channels change keys nearly every day, the MR is equipped to update to the new keys, just like an original card would.
Autoupdate?? hmmm
How will you make it autoupdate rolf?does it need a card or without?
mosafu...

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
For most channels and providers, a card is not required, but you will periodically need to update the CAM's software.

M

mosafu

rolfw said:
For most channels and providers, a card is not required, but you will periodically need to update the CAM's software.
hye rolfw m8,
reading a lot about that stuffs 'KEYS' remember my last post.well im getting a lot of knowlegde now(educational of course)from you, a big thank-you to you.
my next question is,to unable my matrix reloaded to autoupdate all providers,do i have to put keys on all providers at first? that is if i want D+ on hispasat to autoupdate everyday,does that mean i have to put keys a first time?and what about polsat on hotbird?
thanks again for your patience with me,
mosafu...

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
What version of MR software are you running Mosafu? It will need to be 1.051.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
So really rolfw... a 6 in 1 card is the best bet for the moment eh?.....waverider

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes if you don't have a Matrix Reloaded, I've never though it to be particularly arduous to have to update a card everyday anyway. :)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
So what your saying rolfw i have to constantly update a fun card....but not with a matrix cam?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Mostly correct, but you do occasionally need to update the Matrix Reloaded.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Now one thing i gotta ask rolfw....is it a simular system for programming? .....and do you have to buy a programmer and stuff like the ifinity?.....waverider

M

mosafu

rolfw said:
What version of MR software are you running Mosafu? It will need to be 1.051.
hye rolf again,
well i got MR 1.04,i suppose is bad news for me.well i just bought it very recently let say 2 month ago.do you think they will swap it to the newer version,or i'm stuck? how about converting my 1.04 to 1.05 can that be done? if so how? as you know i'm only a newbie,but wanted to learn with your support.

cheers
mosafu

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
@ Mosafu and Waverider, it can be carried out on a laptop running Windows 98 and the UCAS loader software, other than that, you need a programmer with phoenix mode and a couple of fun 6 cards or 3 fun 5 cards. You can also use the MutzNutz programmer or the CAS interface.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
So would the infinity be o'k with a fun card rolfw?...as it has a phoenix facility.....CAS interface??? & UCAS???...please explain rolfw.......waverider

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The Infinity Phoenix will handle most of the available cards in normal mode, using just the USB socket, in fact I've just relised that I inferred that the phoenix mode is needed for the fun 5 and 6 cards which it isn't.

The CAS interface is discussed in a couple of other threads here, the UCAS loader is just a piece of software for programming CAMs on a laptop.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
O'k cheer's rolfw i'll have a look at the links.....waverider

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
One more question rolfw.......you mentioned that i had to update my 6 in 1 card on a regular basis.....now if this is the case, do i have to look for the most recent files rolfw?........waverider

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, the reason being that the keys are updated in the latest versions of the files.