Whats the best dish + setup option for me ?

didineedthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream Box DM800 / Vu+ Duo
My Location
UK
Hi Everyone,
I am pretty new to the dreambox but getting there slowly, looking for some advice on dishes, motors, lnb's etc.

i am based on the east coast (Yorkshire) i have a dm800 with a *** mini dish , picking up skyuk 28E i am looking to replace this now with a new motorised dish, (so i can pick up other satellites)
To be honest i haven't got a clue about dishes, lnb's etc. so i am looking for some help and guidance, i would like your opinion on what dish / motor set up to use, i have been looking through this site **DONT PUT LIVE LINKS ON THE FORUM PLEASE *** But as i said i haven't a clue what i am buying, i am not too bothered about the cost as long as it is the best option for me any input and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
A TD88 or TD110, with a Inverto Black Ultra LNB, on a TM2600 motor would be a good all rounder for you.

didineedthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Rick said:
A TD88 or TD110, with a Inverto Black Ultra LNB, on a TM2600 motor would be a good all rounder for you.

thanks for your input, would i need a satfinder / positioner for the install, if so could you recommend one also please.

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
Personally I think that the cheap satfinders are a waste of time. Far better to use the reciever and a portable TV as a meter. Unless you want a professional meter, in which case look at the Emitor Satlook.

didineedthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
It will also be a wall mounted setup, could you tell me what bracket and what size i would need for the td110 dish please

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
TK brackets with an appropriate stand-off, and 2" Galv mast or scaffold pole. If your going above the roof line use KK brackets or even KTK.

didineedthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
i have also been looking at the Lnb multi-bracket system for 13e,16e,19e,28.e, , as i also live on top of a hill and the wind does get a bit choppy up here when it does start blowing so a fixed bar might be a better option , how do motorised dishes do in the wind ? i just need to make my my mind up though, if i fit a motor i do have more options, but not sure what extra channels i would get and what satallites i could pick up, .

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
Motorised done correctly are fine. I installed a TD110 above the roofline on the gable end of a farmhouse in the lakes in the summer. I did use a 3" pole and KTK brackets to do it. And a metal driven motor like the TM2600 is well worth the extra if it's exposed to the wind. If you can keep the dish below the roof line use KK brackets with the motor between the brackets and you should be fine. Depending on your location you should be looking to recieve atleast 45w, 30w, 15w, 12.5w, 8w, 5w, 1w, 5e, 7e, 9e, 10e, 13e, 16e, 19e, 23.5e, 26e, 28e, 39e, and 42e with a motorised.

didineedthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
ok thats settled it, motorised it is with the kit you sugested.
thanks for your time and input once again , greatlly appreciated.