When will the Officials get it Right!

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Ok as most people on this site know I am a Chelsea supporter, and yes today i'm feeling a bit low for the boys in blue after their defeat against Arsenal. I must say at this point that I am not a bad loser, but for the fact that Jesper Gronkjaer's goal WAS onside and the game could have finished with a different outcome, but if it was not for the officials decision! So what could be the answer for a more fairer system for monitoring important games such as cup, league finals and internationals etc?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Always said that they need at least one off pitch referee, but everyone seems to resist it, they say it will slow the game down and of course the players mobbing the referee when he's made a questionable decision doesn't. :) Would also help to prevent a lot of the off the ball incidents and certainly there would be less match results in question.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Yes I am inclined to agree with you there rolfw, there would be a different outcome then for quite a few games then played this season!

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Probably would be different WR but I do think they seem to even themselves out. I saw Gallas give away penaltys in 2 matches...one a trip at Watford and the other in a league match just after that match when he handled in the area. He got away with both. Then again Watford scored a 'goal' that never was in the home game against Chelsea, so how does all that work out? Where do you draw the line over the 'third eye'.?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't think that the "It probably evens itself out" argument cuts a lot of ice in the heat of the moment, why not get it right the first time.

They used the same arguments against the off pitch umpires in cricket, has it made it a worse game....Not in my opinion, plus it's caught a bit of ball tampering.

PS. Perhaps they ought to caution them for spitting as well, we've now got a whole generation that thinks that it is fine to spit anywhere and that includes girls.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Well talks have been held with F.A in the past on this subject, If there was an additional referee whom could over see the game by TV monitors (like F1 do) it would be also a tool to aid player discipline!