Where are the satellite/motor settings stored?

danielb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 1.1m, Dm500s
My Location
birmingham uk
I have a dreambox, has pli jade on it.

Anyway, there are various annoying niggles like it refuses to let me set the default satelite on boot, wont boot with ethernet in. etc etc. So I reflashed to start from scratch, but no matter what i try i cant get the bloody satelite arc to line up. So have had to reflash my backup.

So, i want to know if i can flash a new image and move all the satelite locational/motor data from my old backup image. If so what files do i need to copy over?

Thank you all.

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
danielb said:
I have a dreambox, has pli jade on it.

Anyway, there are various annoying niggles like it refuses to let me set the default satelite on boot, wont boot with ethernet in. etc etc. So I reflashed to start from scratch, but no matter what i try i cant get the bloody satelite arc to line up. So have had to reflash my backup.

So, i want to know if i can flash a new image and move all the satelite locational/motor data from my old backup image. If so what files do i need to copy over?

Thank you all.

Was the motor set up and all working correctly before you reflashed it and have you moved the dish/been out with a spanner to realign it for any reason?

The arc should remain the same and should track the same if you havent been out tinkering with a spanner or the dish aint been moved by the wind

It might be a case of setting the motor to zero and tracking east or west untill you find the first sat then storing it

Did you enter your true lat/long in the motor set up page to use USALS?

danielb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 1.1m, Dm500s
My Location
birmingham uk
All works perfectly, on the backup image.

I did a drive to zero on the new image first, no matter what what i did the box wouldnt goto any of the satellites accurately.

I have spyed that the longtitude on the working image is actually set wrong! lol. If it is that thats the problem, it was a lucky break setting it up the first time! I might try the same wrong coordinates on the new image shortly.

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
danielb said:
All works perfectly, on the backup image.

I did a drive to zero on the new image first, no matter what what i did the box wouldnt goto any of the satellites accurately.

I have spyed that the longtitude on the working image is actually set wrong! lol. If it is that thats the problem, it was a lucky break setting it up the first time! I might try the same wrong coordinates on the new image shortly.

Yes, try the wrong lat/long from the working back up and see if that works, it should do if its working on the back up

failing that, make a note of what east and west sats you get on the back up and drive the motor east till you hit the 1st sat on your list, store it the move to the next then store that, when you have all your east set up, drive to zero and go west and store all your west

the dish should still follow the arc because the dish hasnt moved (untightening bolts and realligning wise) so it should follow the arc as it did before

danielb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 1.1m, Dm500s
My Location
birmingham uk
Indeed i tried a few days ago, it did seem to work correctly using the incorrect coordinates.

However, the dreambox was found to be faulty anyway so order another :D So we shall see what happens

Thanks all.

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
danielb said:
Indeed i tried a few days ago, it did seem to work correctly using the incorrect coordinates.

However, the dreambox was found to be faulty anyway so order another :D So we shall see what happens

Thanks all.

How do you mean faulty, was it refusing to move the dish on vertical channels by any chance?

danielb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 1.1m, Dm500s
My Location
birmingham uk
Wouldnt drive the motor, however it did have the power as it worked by pressing the buttons. cccam wouldnt work either. I opened it and one of the caps had gone. Replaced it, still nothing. Maybe more have gone, need an esr meter.