Where can I buy a dual view decoder?

PaulB_ZA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Standard Sky NZ Multiroom Setup
My Location
New Zealand
Hi, I am considering streaming some TV. But an ideal set up would be having a dual view decoder, so I can stream a channel on the one tuner, and watch normal satellite TV on the other. But the problem, is that while normal Decoders for Freeview NZ, that have dual tuners are plentiful, Dual view tuners with NDS support, are almost non exisitant. At least in NZ. Just note I am unaware of costs yet, so this is just a brainstorm idea at present.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well a sky + unit or a sky HD unit both have dual tuners that in conjunction with valid subscription cards decode NDS streams, the problem you have is that the stb's are dedicated to use on 28.2/5East in the Northern hemisphere and are dumbed down so that they are of little use anywhere else as they do not have Disecq control and many of the functional ports are scuppered, limited FEC and SR values etc.

Not sure what you mean by streaming, do you mean from the internet or to the internet or something else? as internet streaming would require IP support and for sure they do not have that that I know of although I did read somewhere they may be going down the Linux route IIRC

PaulB_ZA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Standard Sky NZ Multiroom Setup
My Location
New Zealand
Hi,

In the means of streaming, I mean, getting a tuner card, and attatching the decoder to my PC, and streaming it that way. A Proper IP box with prove too costly in my situation.

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
U mean so you can watch files off your PC on your TV ?
The Azbox does a very good job of this and is easy to do. It will work with an NDS card but that's not so easy to do.