Which C120 LNB for Astra 2D in Finland

Oldsberg

Member
My Satellite Setup
Basic
My Location
Finland
Hey guys!

I would like to have some recommendations for a C120 lnb for Astra 2D here in Finland. The dish is a Aerial 2,40m prime focus and I'm looking for either a twin or quad lnb.


Thanks,
Oldsberg
 
The Invacom quad QDF-031 supposedly performs well on Astra 2D, I've only tried it on Nilesat myself, and did give better results than the Single inverto white tech I have.
 
I see, thanks for the information. I might go for TWF or QDF, depending on how many outputs I need.

At Inverto's homepage I did find a twin flange black pro (IDLB-TWNF00-OOPRO-OPP) but I cant find it in any store. Does anybody have any experience of this LNB?
 
I've noticed on the spec of the Black Pro (C120 twin) that the LO phase noise at 10KHz is -80dbc rather than -90 dBc for the Black Ultra (LNBF), whether that is what sets the ultra apart, I don't know. I believe there is a post where the Ultra was converted to C120.
 
Ah, thanks mickha, I'd vaguely remembered that that was the case,but couldn't remember the thread
 
Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about Mickha. Has it just been released or what's the case with the problems finding it?
 
See post #35 in the thread I referred to above.
 
Hi I need to get a 15 % increase on my signal quality to get astra 2d 24/7, do you think a invacom quad and some skewing could be enough
or do I need a bigger dish?

Thanks
 
You would probably need bigger dish as 15% is not so little.
For Astra 2D I would also recommend an offset dish, because of more shallow beamwidth + offset dish have a little more gain than primefocus of same size.
I would recommend a Channel Master 2.4 which is actually 2.66 x 2.5 m in size, but be warned that you're walking on very thin ice. Quad QDF-031 is the way to go, as it gives more signal than its Twin brother.
 
just to give you an update regarding the Black Pro Flange ..you can forget it for now Inverto rebranded the old white tech and changed some cosmetique details on it for commercial purposes ..a real cheat basicaly...so i would try to exploit Black Ultra more ..as its the Best LNB inverto have now days...regards
 
Back
Top