Which Dish, CAM and Receiver for hispasat?

Full Gun

Reaction score
Im about to plunge into the motorised digital satellite world (outside of sky). Ive decided that 30 degrees west is my prime target, however Im not sure of the equipment I need.Im satisfied that a 1m dish seems to be the minimum size. There seems to be wide choice of reveivers out there, but would an embedded nagravision receiver (not many around ?) be more beneficial than buying a nagravision cam - is there a difference? Id be really grateful if someone could explain the best set up for Hispasat. Thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you have an official card for 30W, then a Nagra embedded receiver may be a good idea, but anything with embedded UCAS, or a CAM like the Ultra/X-CAM would suffice.

You do appreciate though that everything on 30W is about to change encryption?

Full Gun

Reaction score
I did wonder about one of the previous posts saying that he is motorising his fixed system for 30w for obvious reasons - now I know why! Presumably the new encryption will not be viewable for at least a while?Have you any info on it?

Thanks for that and the quick response.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It hasn't been out for too long, best concentrate on the other options. :)

les74

Reaction score
rolfw said:
If you have an official card for 30W, then a Nagra embedded receiver may be a good idea, but anything with embedded UCAS, or a CAM like the Ultra/X-CAM would suffice.

You do appreciate though that everything on 30W is about to change encryption?
Does that include Cabo (or are they already)..

guiri

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester, UK
Apologies to Full Gun. It seems in my post below, that it isn't obvious about the changes at Hispasat:

http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=10596

So see this about the encryption changes:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=10406

Depending on what you want out of hispasat, it may still be worth you pointing a dish at it.

TV Cabo does not appear to be going to Aladin for the time being, but they may well do so if Digital Plus are successful with it. On TV Cabo, you can get Sport TV, with some football, and also they rebroadcast Sky News!

See http://www.satcodx9.com/3300/uke/ then look for channels at 11.851(H) and 12.012(V).

On hispasat, some of the Spanish language channels are now FTA, including TeleMadrid (essential viewing if you are originally from Madrid), and also some regional channels eg. from the Canaries, Andalucia and Valencia; also TVE Internacional which is like BBC World (but Spanish!).

If you are interested in the Nagravision stuff at TV Cabo, they like to keep their ECM up to date. Key changes are every few days at the moment, they may still be using something called a CMD02 which also limits your options from a CAM/card point of view.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
les74 said:
Does that include Cabo (or are they already)..

Apparently not yet, but the majority of channels on there that I watched were D+.