Which is the best image for the Vu+ Duo

birdman99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra 2b technomate tm 500 super
My Location
middlesbrough
Ive always found that with vix i get green screen crashed thats why i never used it and always stuck with Black hole,i would love to use Vix because its got some great tools but its not for me worth the hasstle.

cardomons

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyBox F3 (Kids room)
Vu+Duo (Livving Room)
My Location
UK
Okay, it's a bit unfair for me to vote for VIX, as I have only been messing with the image for a couple of weeks now. When I first installed the image I had a few of the green screens, but after I have done a software update, I can not recall having any.

Now, I am up and running I am weary of re-imaging with BH or VTI or one of the others, one thing that is missing from the VIX image is the hbbtv, so I may give one of them a try :)

Jimdefruit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Dreambox 7000s plus all the bits and all intreconnected.
My Location
Hampshire
This thread has been running for quite a while now but for anyone who hasn't tried it, the VTI image is great.

I have tried them all and found myself changing images weekly. However since I tried the VTI image three or four months back I have not found the need to change.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
cardomons said:
one thing that is missing from the VIX image is the hbbtv, so I may give one of them a try :)
HbbTv works great in ViX.

hillway

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
db7000 90 CM triax moteck motor
well trying to install it !
My Location
NW
I tried a few images , but always returned to the ukdreambox image , solid image - good support - basically turns the Vu+ into a dreambox , the image has EPG , cccam etc. all in. the best one for me !!!

Steve_W

Reaction score
Website
southerndigital.tv
My Satellite Setup
60cm on Astra 2 with TM 7100 HD, Triax 80cm dish motorised with Icecrypt S3700CHD looped into TM 5302HD, WDTV Live, Xbox360
My Location
Thanet, Kent, UK
A vote for Vix from me... I had a customers VPD on BH and it was just a nightmare with HDD not mounting on startup, therefore EPG not writing to the HDD properly, plugins not working, yesterday I flashed it with Vix, all those problems gone... Mine too also has Vix & is stable...

Hixxy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800/7020Si/7000S, VU+ Duo, Skybox F3 & F5, TM1000D, Skystar 2 DVBdream, Triax TD110, Darkmotor, Inverto Black, Hotbird 13 Zone 2 MK 4, 28.2 Zone 1 MK4
My Location
East Midlands
Openvix is my choice. Plenty of features built in. Pretty easy to set up.

Sent from Tapatalk

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
Im on Openvix 4.1
Although on my Solo2 ive never actually tried another image.
Started with Vix, it did everything i need and i got to see the channels i need.... why change :D
Guess im getting lazy lol... if its not broke, leave it alone.

Although it used to be..... if its not broke, play with it until it is!
i must be getting old :)

A nonymous

Reaction score
Blimey i thought this thread had died a death since the last reply was over two years ago, I dont even have a Vu+ Duo now :-lmao

I've decided to have a rest from VIX for a while. I'm quite enjoying Open Pli at the moment on both my Xtrend ET9500 and my Formuler F3 :D

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
Well since i just re joined this was a new thread for me :p
I might get my spare box going and try some other images... just to get a look at them all.
i have a solo2 clone as a spare :)
Its a bit like my real solo2... but smaller, cheaper made and crappier lol

A

Archive7

Blimey i thought this thread had died a death since the last reply was over two years ago, I dont even have a Vu+ Duo now :-lmao

I've decided to have a rest from VIX for a while. I'm quite enjoying Open Pli at the moment on both my Xtrend ET9500 and my Formuler F3 :D
Oldie but Goodie
Would you prefer someone creates a new thread?

A nonymous

Reaction score
Knock yourself out lads, I dont have a problem with anybody starting a new thread :-lmao

Brickie49

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ solo 2, 80cm dish Blackhole
My Location
London
After reading some of the posts in this section, i thought it would be interesting to see which image the users here seem to think is the best :D

I think it it would be OK to state which image you like for a Vu+ Duo or Solo in this poll.

Your opinions of pros and cons would be most valuable.

Its a totally Anonymous poll so please vote as you think even if you don't wish to make a comment.

I've voted for Blackhole myself :D

Nano
I have tried many over the years and always go back to Blackhole - never lets me down!