which pvr?

doggy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hello everyone im new to digital so im looking for a little help. can anyone advise me on a good system to watch mature content on?
ive still got my old dish with twin lnb's which i used to have on astra and hotbird viewing rendevous. thing is ive got me eye on the xtreme pvr, its got a magic cam.
can anyone tell me about them? or can anyone recommend another pvr? and can you upload movies to a computer from the hardrive? and if ive got home movies on my pc can i download them to my pvr?

thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hello Doggy, moved the other post from the adult section as that is for transponders and channel information.

Don't have any experience of the extreme, but the spec certainly sounds good. I'm a little suspect as to the durability of inbuilt magic cams at the moment and would probably advise going for a magic CAM and receiver with PVR.

doggy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
cheers, if you advise against it what wouyld you recommend and why? do you know much about the adult channels?
initially i wanted dutch canal plus and the other dutch chaneels because i lived there and i know it shows a mature content movie every night, but now my local shop is advising the pirate card route. what do you think

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Far be it from me or anyone on the forum to recommend a pirate card, i would guess that your local shop are trying to sell you one. :) If you point an 80cm dish at Thor 1W there is a whole range of channels available, from film to mature content, much of it in English as well. See the Conax section for information on this.

With regard to different receivers, I have very little experience with the currently available crop, but I'm sure a couple of other members will give you their recommendations.

If you are looking at trying to use recorded material on your PC as well for copying onto disk, you could consider the Dream Box, although not usually advised for newbies, or perhaps a PC card receiver, see the PC Card forum, these can be very flexible and record directly onto your PC hard drive..