which receiver?

daddy

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
hi im looking to purchase a system so i can watch freex-tv on astra.
myers satellite are selling a force 1122s, anyone any opinions on this receiver,apart from it being discontinued.
also which cam is the best joker? or other and any other info would help as im new to this. by the way the force is £129 thanks in advance.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
You can watch this channel with a receiver with a common interface slot which is compatible with the Free-X CAM (also known as Joker CAM). The other alternative is to buy a receiver from At-Sky which has the necessary decryption system built-in. I seem to remember reading somewhere that some Force receivers didn't work well with the joker CAM. Try the www.jokercam.nl site or its forum to see if this applies to the receiver you want to buy.

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Hi m8
I have a Force 1122S receiver.It works fairly well with a Magic Cam....the only problem is it wont decode a lot of channels on 30west (Nagravision) due to a bug in the Force software.
I am 99% sure that the Force does not work with Joker cam or matrix cam etc.
Also as this model is now discontinued it is not being supported by Force....so no new software updates for it.
On the plus side it is very flexible as it has twin card readers that can be used as Viacess or Conax or one of each.It also has 2 cam slots for magic cam or any other compatible cam.
You can also use a silver card in the conax slot to get 6in1 capabilities using the BB aio files found on satdudez.

I would also take a look at the Technomate receivers which are supposed to be very good.

P.S Ive heard a few bad things about Myers Satellite...i.e Customer service is crap.I always get my gear from Astratech who are the tops m8.

http://www.satelliteonline.net/

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Technomate receiver certainly has a following, but may also be worth looking at the Echostar receivers, the ones with Echonav software so that they treat an Irdeto cam as an allcam.

I've personally had no dealings with either Myers or Astratech, but the latter do seem to receive good reports. There are many good E-talers around, Ive bought a few bits and pieces from Satarmy im Germany and you can sometimes buy far cheaper outside the UK.

daddy

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
cheers guys your input is tops
so i presume technomate are ok with the joker so no props there and if we are all agreed is this the unit to go for?
money being no object whats the daddy?

meldrew

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
North West
daddy said:
cheers guys your input is tops
so i presume technomate are ok with the joker so no props there and if we are all agreed is this the unit to go for?
money being no object whats the daddy?

I bought a technomate from Wizard Satellite and both pre and
post sales service are as good as I have had anywhere. Worth
a phone call at least.

When the CAM was a bit iffy they sorted it no quibble by return.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
money being no object whats the daddy

Come to me, Ill see you right, and Ill take only half your wallet

(Sorry - in Rupe mode there for a moment )