cmuzik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Standard Sky Installation
Samsung HDTV
My Location
North Wales
Hi,
Can anyone offer any advice as to which receiver to buy. The choice would seem to be between the Humax Foxsat HD and the Grundig GUFSATHD. Both are in stock in Comet though I believe I will have to purchase a HDMI cable for the Grundig. Which one should be looking at.
Any advice would be well appreciated.
Regards
Colin

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I didn't see the Grundig box in Comet (I think it was Comet, or was it Currys? I can't remember!!! :D ) on Saturday, but I saw the Humax, and it's very dinky for a satellite box (not compared to the even dinkier Comag/Silvercrest SL65), but I've not tried any Freesat box out, but personally I'd go for the Humax, I like the look of their boxes, but I don't know how they perform... :)

cmuzik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Standard Sky Installation
Samsung HDTV
My Location
North Wales
Bought the Humax from Comet last night. They then tried to screw another £45 out of me for a HDMI 1.3 cable saying the one supplied with the Foxsat HD is of poor quality. What a wonderful world we live in.

halo1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Amstrad DX180
My Location
UK
Don't forget you gold plated fibre optic cable too!

cdtronix

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax With Inverto Black Ultra fixed on 4.8East. 60cm Dish Fixed on 28East both Diseqc onto Dreambox 800HD. Cdtronix 1.2m Motorised with Twin LNB using Technomate TM6800 HD. Seperate Sky+ HD & Icecrypt S1500C.
My Location
Essex
Humax HD receiver is by far better quality than the Grundig HD, the software d/load on the grundig takes around 15 mins where the humax does it in a few mins, anyone else looking for one of these go for the Humax.

Wideband

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat
My Location
England
cdtronix said:
Humax HD receiver is by far better quality than the Grundig HD, the software d/load on the grundig takes around 15 mins where the humax does it in a few mins, anyone else looking for one of these go for the Humax.

I also found that the channel scan on the Humax Foxsat was a lot quicker than the Gufsat as well.