why can t I get a picture anymore?

crosby lamar

Reaction score
I have a sat system ( from Lidl ) about 1 year old. After a couple of short trials I found that it was getting crystal clear German channels, I left it inside ( for about 6 months from last use) and finally got round to putting it up properly last week. Now I find that the sat finder shows a strong signal from about 19 degrees East ( Astra I presume) but I cannot get a channel at all. I have tried adjusting settings such as EIUL, EIHL, EIHH etc, but with no joy. There is little else I can do with the actual reciever. Does anyone know of similar problems and cures? Thanks for the help! Crosby

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Is this a digital or analogue receiver?

Not sure what you mean by the settings EIUL etc.

crosby lamar

Reaction score
the reciever is a digital one, and I believe that the EIUL Etc settings are something to do with polarization, but not sure. There is little that I can adjust on the reciever, but that was one of them. Is it possible that reciever could be outdated? Its only about 1 year old. Maybe theres been changes that I wouldn't know about? Any help much appreciated. Thanks. Crosby.