Why have I lost sound on one channel in just one room?

assos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
xsat stb
60 cm dish
My Location
west yorkshire
Having to ask for your advise again:)

I've lost the sound from my analogue sat in just one room in the house. Pictures perfect and rest of house is recieving both sound and picture ok.

I Can't say how it's exactly wired up as it was done by the folks who installed sky.

System consists of analogue reciever, sky reciever, and an DVD recorder and a 5.1 channel amp. If i remember correctly, the signal (rf) from dvd(which everything is connected to) is taken up into the loft and then split into 6 and taken back out and fed into every room.

It's so strange how every room has picture and sound from sky and normal tv including the room which i'm having problem with but only picture from the analogur reciever whilst all other room are ok. I have reset all the setting on the tv which is not recieving sound and started new searches for channels but it's still the same.

All was working fine but suddenly no sound. I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Anybody any ideas at all to what is wrong?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I'm not entirely sure what your setup is from your description but here goes.

If I've misunderstood the problem then can you explain more. What is the analogue receiver used for? Is it this that is giving the problem? Is it only giving the problem to the TV it's connected to? Is this being fed round the house? Is it the directly fed TV that is giving the problem?

I suspect the last question is the crucial one and the answer is yes. If so then you've probably used scart leads for connection. Check that all leads are firmly pushed in and, if necessary, wiggle them around a bit to see if the problem comes and goes.

assos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
xsat stb
60 cm dish
My Location
west yorkshire
Yes it is the analogue receiver that is causing me problems on one tv which isn't the main tv. It's fed around the house along with sky. It's ok in all the other rooms but in just one room there's picture but no sound. Sky's coming through the same tv ok though. I've tried unplugging and re-plugging the scarts and other leads to make sure it's not a bad contact, but it's the same.
Sorry the description isn't that clear.