Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
gazzag67 said:
How do i get things like I player

You dont. Buy a proper Freesat box if you want to play with iplayer.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
gazzag67 said:
i formated HDD from my PC
You should have formatted it in the Linux box so it was Linux formatted, not in a PC. In the case of my Duo it had a USB stick formatted in FAT32. Although the receiver could access it, for example for flashing an image on boot, it would not use it as a storage device and needed to be formatted in Linux for that to work.

screenshot.jpg

gazzag67

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Windows7 PC
Sky+
Xtrend et900 HD Linux Twin Tuner PRV, 1TB internal + 1TB external HDD's,
1 Fixed dish.
LG 50PK590 50-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 600Hz Plasma Internet TV
My Location
Shropshier
Huevos said:
You should have formatted it in the Linux box so it was Linux formatted, not in a PC. In the case of my Duo it had a USB stick formatted in FAT32. Although the receiver could access it, for example for flashing an image on boot, it would not use it as a storage device and needed to be formatted in Linux for that to work.

When i say i formated form my PC i mean that i used the clarke tech control centre on my PC and clicked the format button like i read i was meant to do. Then i returned to the box and tried to initilaize using remote but get "/dev/sda1 is mounted, will not make a file system here!"

Im really stuck on this one, no one seems to have had the same problem on forums and i dont know how to 'unmount it' if that IS what im meant to do!

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
I don't know. I formatted and mounted mine from the image. If you loaded the VIX image it would be easy to sort out as you can probably see from the screenshot.

gazzag67

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Windows7 PC
Sky+
Xtrend et900 HD Linux Twin Tuner PRV, 1TB internal + 1TB external HDD's,
1 Fixed dish.
LG 50PK590 50-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 600Hz Plasma Internet TV
My Location
Shropshier
Iv downloaded VIX on my pc run on the box. i was under the impression that you installed it by adding it to the root menu of USB stick and boot the box with it in. It hasnt worked. How do i install it?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
gazzag67 said:
Iv downloaded VIX on my pc run on the box. i was under the impression that you installed it by adding it to the root menu of USB stick and boot the box with it in. It hasnt worked. How do i install it?
Some USB sticks just don't work.

Format the USB stick in FAT32. Open ViX-2.2.0-et9000_usb.zip and put the folder "et9000" in the root directory of the USB stick. Place the USB stick in the front socket of the ET9000. Turn the power off for a few seconds and then turn it on again. Once "image found" comes up on the display press Ok and it should load.