Why separate sections for Dreambox?

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
I wonder if it is the best idea to run the the 7000 7020 5620 500 etc sections separately since we are all dreamers and what cooks for 500 often cooks for 7000. Most guys list their system in their profile and if they want a specific 5620 point addressed, they can put it in the subject line. It is just rather tedious to have to dip back and forth and then try to remember where the nugget was. You all provide nuggets.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
When we split them (not that long ago), there was a lot of difference between what was available or working for each model, not sure how much the situation has changed, but retained the general section for universal questions and information. Will have a look into it. :)

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
rolfw said:
When we split them (not that long ago), there was a lot of difference between what was available or working for each model, not sure how much the situation has changed, but retained the general section for universal questions and information. Will have a look into it. :)

Rolf,
I am not going to argue with 13k+ posts!
Just a late sat pm thought . . . . . .

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
rolfw said:
Rolf,
To lighten the darkening evenings and to try and help us forget the direst 90 minutes ever in English football,
you mention in yr profile, a pile of legacy kit.
Can we have a nostalgia/legacy section?
Who has the oldest?
Who else brushed snow of their dish to watch Bruno.
Who yearns for Filmnet who brought a new meaning to to the phrase 'watching the flicks'.
Whatever happened to Tiziana?
I have
A self built Filmnet analogue card.
A superb Nicam stereo Filmnet card.
A Sky card doubler (from Scotland).
Chips that made a videocrypt decoder work without a card.
Thousands of D2mac cards.
But I never bought a squarial, nor the BSB box to go with it (70,000 viewers at a cost of half a billion! Nearly £10k spent on each individual viewer!!).
Have I broken any laws already?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
haggard said:

No...

You could move all you equipment list from your signature to 'Satellite & Computer set up' in your profile >User CP on the top bar.

That way it will appear under your name - and free up your signature - if you want.

I have to agree about the Dreambox section - other forums have split and I know several people that commented that they didn't like it.
I'm a regular and I find it difficult remembering what box the help was listed under - resort to using the 'search' option. The 'search' option was always available to anyone who wanted information on a specific Dreambox.

Can remember a lot of the old kit you describe - why do we keep it? It will never be any use again. Only last year I threw out my D2 Mac decoder!

:-Welcome1 Back

Have fun - not many of us Apple and Dreambox users around!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
haggard said:
Rolf,
To lighten the darkening evenings and to try and help us forget the direst 90 minutes ever in English football,
you mention in yr profile, a pile of legacy kit.
Can we have a nostalgia/legacy section?
Who has the oldest?
Who else brushed snow of their dish to watch Bruno.
Who yearns for Filmnet who brought a new meaning to to the phrase 'watching the flicks'.
Whatever happened to Tiziana?
I have
A self built Filmnet analogue card.
A superb Nicam stereo Filmnet card.
A Sky card doubler (from Scotland).
Chips that made a videocrypt decoder work without a card.
Thousands of D2mac cards.
But I never bought a squarial, nor the BSB box to go with it (70,000 viewers at a cost of half a billion! Nearly £10k spent on each individual viewer!!).

Already got a legacy section. :D

http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116