AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
sonnetpete said:
I just use a suitably sized jubilee clip, the sort you fit on a car radiator pipe. Fixed on the pole, just under the motor it lets you manouver the motor to align it, without the worry of it slipping down.

Nice idea Pete ..
Something I've never had a problem with though ..as I tend to mount all dish/motors this way ...

..Nice n' easy to rotate ..with no possibility of slipping down the pole ..
Plus ..it means the whole assembly can be put together at ground level ..and carried up the ladder into position ..and popped atop the pole in one go..
Anyone else mount 'em this way ?
rgds
VS

Attachments

• mount.JPG
    mount.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 21

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
VS, it's a good idea to put the assembly on top of your 'K' mount but in my case it's not that easy. The top of the pole would bring the the whole assembly to very near the gutter, I'd be on a rung of my ladder I wouldn't feel safe on and I honestly don't think I'm strong enough to lift a (light but cumbersome) 1.2M dish plus motor on there. It would also be at a level that makes adjustments difficult to carry out.

Anyway, I seem to remember the 'jubilee clip' was a tip I picked up on here, way back when.......

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
..Definately not for the squeamish Pete ..
It took a lot of bottle for me to lift my TD110 complete with motor to the top of a ladder and then onto the top of the pole ..
Seem to remember it being a very calm sunny day ...and the weight cut into my shoulder a bit as I humped it to the top ..
Used a piece of old carpet as a shoulder pad ...and the sense of relief as the pole took over from my shoulder was palpable..

..worth mentioning again ..those ladder stand-offs are an essential bit of kit..
rgds
VS

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Well yes, I guess I really should get a decent set of ladders but I'm not good at heights, pure and simple. That's why my dish has been below the gutter.....and I'm working off a two stage ally loft ladder that was here when we came 10 years ago. I've also got to consider my secluded existence, no neighbours to hear a shout for help if I fell or even an easily obtainable mobile phone signal....assuming I'd be in a fit state to use the phone!!!