wich receiver you suggest?

jacdux

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pansat 3500
My Location
usa
my friends just new of the forum, actually i have a pansat 3500 in usa and able to watch some satellite over here.
just wanna ask my fta is good to get also channels of europe? in that case wich antenna i need to get some hot bird or also some other satelllites?
and wich receiver you suggest is common in europe to get channels from there?
Wanna be ready to get some informations so i can be able to buy a receiver to be updated with keys changes valid in europe because over here just n2 system has been used.
tnx

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
As your receiver is a Fortec clone, you can use the GTrom/Gtool application to add the European satellites to your box's database (may be a good idea to remove those satellites not receivable over here).

You should consider installing something like an 80/90cm dish (motorised ideally for the HB, Astra and Hispasat satellites).

The tricky part would probably be finding an al7bar patch for your box that would open the Nagra channels over here. If you are considering another receiver, the Fortec range might suit you, very similar to the Pansat, and al7bar patches are readily obtainable.

Llew

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Coming back to your post after your PM, I was under the impression that you were moving to Europe, and needed to set up a system here.

The satellites with the footprints containing the channels you require are out of reach to you in the US.

Llew

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
The Fortecs aren't created equal. Some models get updates before others. My Diamond seemed to always be last, but now I have a Ultimate the Diamond seems to be one of the first Fortecs! The Ultimate is left out of many Fortec forums and download sites.

Like the Pansats, if you get one cheap enough you really can't complain but I wouldn't want to pay full price for one. Having a Pansat you probably know how the channel database gets completely messed up if you delete or move a channel! And you can't change PIDs manually (at least not on the two models I've owned)

But, like I say, if you can get one cheap enough!