Wierd problem can't receive BBC Radio 1, 2, 3 etc

My Satellite Setup
Grundig GDS3000 digibox - 1.9m fixed prime focus dish
Computer - Intel quad core
My Location
Spain - Costa Blanca
Hi guys, I have a weird one for you, hope someone can point me in the right direction.
I live on the Costa Blanca, and have always been able to receive the BBC radio channels very easily. Since I moved house about 18 months ago, when I try to access say Radio 1, I get a NO SIGNAL message. If I unplug the Sky box and plug my Technomate box in, I can receive all the BBC Radio channels no problem.
Anyone any ideas? Cheers in advance.
 
Your system: Grundig GDS3000 digibox

This is a typical sign of capacitor failure in the power supply of Grundigs.
 
I had the same problem with a humax hd box last year. The box was working but was missing channels. Turn out the box wasn't powering the dish. The box was working because I had other sat boxes attach to the dish and they were powering it.

An easy way to check if its the box, get a cheap satellite finder online for £5 and plug it into the sat box. If this sat finder don't power up and work, then its the sat box and its buggered.
 
No the box is powering up the LNB - I can get plenty of other channels. I have a sat finder which powers up and works.
 
I can confirm that this is a typical grundig capacitor issue.....no BBC News or BBC radio 1,2,3,4 means capacitor failure...seen this many times on the CB.
 
Back
Top