Will 2.7m Dish In Peyia, Cyprus Work?

markvurnum

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
Peyia, Cyprus
Hi

I am looking to buy a second hand dish in Peyia (about 15km from Paphos) and wondered if it will get bbc1, itv, channel 4 ok?

I had on previousily in Paphos and seemed to work fine.

I have heard that you need 3m dish to get full signal of these channels at all times.

Can anyone answer this for me before I buy the dish?

Thanks in advance
Mark

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
From what Ive seen across the forum Paphos has about the worst Astra 2D reception in Cyprus. 4m dishes seem common round that area.

However, hopefully one of the local lads will spot this and give you a definitive answer.

Sat Sergeant

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.3 metre dish quad LNB Thompson and Pace Sky plus
My Location
Peyia, Cyprus
Most people in Peyia seem to use a 2.7 dish and get satisfactory results. I have a 3.3 and get good results with BBC and ITV 24/7 except in heavy cloud and rain. A friend of mine nearby has a 2.7 and gets good results although a little break up on BBC and ITV for short times usually early evening. Hope this helps.

markvurnum

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
Peyia, Cyprus
HI Guys

Thanks for that, I have been offered a 2.7m dish installed for 700 Euro's, I am debating if to buy it and expect some break up or spend more (cheapest 3m I have seen is 1750 Euro's) and not have break up.

Any advice?

Thanks
Mark

Sat Sergeant

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.3 metre dish quad LNB Thompson and Pace Sky plus
My Location
Peyia, Cyprus
It all depends on how good your installer is and where abouts you are situated in the area, even different parts of Peyia can vary considerably in signal. The main suggestion usually is "the bigger the better" but that has to be weighed up against how much you want to spend and how important is 24/7 reception. We have a 3.3 and get no break up except in very poor weather, heavy rain/thunder clouds. When its thunder and lightening in the area every things unplugged for safetey.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Analoguesat said:
From what Ive seen across the forum Paphos has about the worst Astra 2D reception in Cyprus. 4m dishes seem common round that area.

However, hopefully one of the local lads will spot this and give you a definitive answer.
Paphos in the West has the better 2D reception and Paralimni in the East has the worst.
For BBC/ITV a 2.7m is okay(but like SatSarge says it depends on the installer/installation). The Invacom LNBs do not usually last more than 3 years,and as it is second hand you will probably be needing a new one sooner or later. I was in Peyia recently servicing a 2.7m dish(near the police station) hoping to replace the LNB but found that the cabling was split and had a corroded connection.It worked fine but the 3year old LNB is starting to give problems mid evening,after the recent bad weather.
There are 2 types of 3m available,the one piece DH and the cheaper 2.4m Famaval with the 8piece extension panels( works but needs to be stabilised "properly" as it wobbles when its windy).

jin6x

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I live in Peyia and have a 2.4 mtr dish, Pace 2600 box and quad Invacom LNB. 95% reception except in heavy rain and about 7-8pm there is a bit of break up but still watchable. I confirm the LNB only lasts about 3 years. i live 700 mtr from the church, up the hill.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Good results for a 2.4m dish,probably because you have the Pace 2600. That receiver makes a difference.