Will changing image give better picture ?

ninbelindur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Plaza receiver orbital dish on motorised bracket
My Location
Manchester
Hello, I have a dreambox500s, which I am very happy with, apart from the quality of the picture.
On my on screen stuff, everything has a ghost like image of itself to the right, kind of like the ready brek glow. This can be seen if you look closely on the picture that you`re watching as well.
I had another dreambox500s which didn`t have this problem.
They both ran Gemini project, this one seems to have an older version, it says the gemini project in dot matrix font above a picture of the earth from outer space or something similar, while the old one had the letters GP in the screen quite big.
I assume that I can find out quite easily which version I am running, and it looks like I can change the version, will this improve my picture quality/get rid of the glow ?
Plus, I bought the box with all the server info on there, if I install new image, will it erase all this, will I need to back it up somehow ?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hi
I doubt that an image will make a difference in picture quality. You should have a look at the AV settings though, maybe you can change something there to improve it.
If you have got server information etc on there, the best thing to do is make a complete backup of the image to start with using the Flqashwizard program (search forum for details).
It depends what sort of cam is used for the CS, you should backup your cam config file and also find out if your boxpassword has been changed.

ninbelindur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Plaza receiver orbital dish on motorised bracket
My Location
Manchester
Hi thanks, I will look at the AV settings first then.
Where do I find all the server settings ?