Will "Scotty" do a Humpty Dumpty?

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Scotty off Star Trek is being buried in space today (ashes). Not in fiction, in reality. James Thingy who played Scotty. :D

I wonder if aliens could reactivate the dust? :D

I was also wondering, I might choose this option when I pop my proverbial clogs. :D But I'd want my whole body in space. Wouldn't it be great if in about 22 million years time, aliens find it and reactivate me on some other planet.

It's also a scary thought! :eek: :-rofl2

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
In a few thousand years Scotty will have re-entered the atmosphere and burned up in a spectacular meteor shower :D

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
OH! Dear me...

:D

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
That would make him a real alien:-rofl2 An UFO

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Saturlight said:
Scotty off Star Trek is being buried in space today (ashes). Not in fiction, in reality. James Thingy who played Scotty. :D

I wonder if aliens could reactivate the dust? :D

I was also wondering, I might choose this option when I pop my proverbial clogs. :D But I'd want my whole body in space. Wouldn't it be great if in about 22 million years time, aliens find it and reactivate me on some other planet.

There would only be a bit of your total body left in the ashes, the rocket is carrying some 180 remains , and the payload spec is

110-pound capacity.
• 10,500-cubic-inches volume.
• Payloads up to 10 inches in diameter and 7 feet long.
• Opportunities for in-space payload deployment.
• Space-flight profiles up to 140 miles / 225 km with a wide range of micro-gravity options.

So you might come back to life as a hand and bit of lung, or if lucky a full leg.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Bon voyage James Doohan, and remember, you canny change the laws o' physics!!! :D

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
"It's gonna blow, Captain!" :D :D

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
There won´t be any good DNA after all this flying and burning

So I think it will just be an ashtray left (ashtrail?):)

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Yes, but aliens can do almost anything. If they can come from their planet to ours in a matter of hours - something we almost certainly will never be able to do for about 400 years at least - then they can bring back dust. They might not need DNA or anything resembling a human body. All they might need is one single fleck.

Maybe aliens can put that dust in a time bubble, and reverse time within the bubble, at the time the coffin occupied the space.

Then press reverse. :D And hey presto, your actual Scotty back. :D