My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000s - Flubber
40gb Hard Drive
80cm Clear Dish + V-Box 2
Linksys Wireless Bridge
DCC on Laptop
My Location
Lancaster UK
I can now see my DB7000's on any pc on my network through a linksys wireless bridge, but don't seem to get internet updates.

any ideas ???

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
beatphreak said:
I can now see my DB7000's on any pc on my network through a linksys wireless bridge, but don't seem to get internet updates.

any ideas ???
Beatphreak,
It's not clear what you mean.
I assume you get the DB7000 web page which will show you a list of channels, providers services, vpid and apid.
You can do all sorts of things once you have that, but you need to be pro-active and demand what you want. If you want the EPG to update, you might have to hit the refresh button; I never waited that long. I use the web page to set a recording because this involves minimal disturbance to her upstairs who only wants the magic buttons to be pressed later so she can watch Jericho and Vincent when Waking the Dead has finished.

What do you want from the internet which is the WAN linked from your LAN? If your LAN links thru your router to the world, then usually the green button on your handset will get you what you might need.

beatphreak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000s - Flubber
40gb Hard Drive
80cm Clear Dish + V-Box 2
Linksys Wireless Bridge
DCC on Laptop
My Location
Lancaster UK
cheers haggard

yes i can get the web page view with vpid and apid... all fine.

as for the internet and the green button i'm getting the error message.

I have the hydra pheonix and thought that connecting to the internet would allow mw to update K*eys and other usefull things more quickly.

Am i wrong in thinking this?

cheers

haggard said:
Beatphreak,
It's not clear what you mean.
I assume you get the DB7000 web page which will show you a list of channels, providers services, vpid and apid.
You can do all sorts of things once you have that, but you need to be pro-active and demand what you want. If you want the EPG to update, you might have to hit the refresh button; I never waited that long. I use the web page to set a recording because this involves minimal disturbance to her upstairs who only wants the magic buttons to be pressed later so she can watch Jericho and Vincent when Waking the Dead has finished.

What do you want from the internet which is the WAN linked from your LAN? If your LAN links thru your router to the world, then usually the green button on your handset will get you what you might need.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
beatphreak said:
cheers haggard

yes i can get the web page view with vpid and apid... all fine.

as for the internet and the green button i'm getting the error message.

I have the hydra pheonix and thought that connecting to the internet would allow mw to update K*eys and other usefull things more quickly.

Am i wrong in thinking this?

cheers

I would update to Gemeni 2.2 (some have problems with 2.4) I find Gemeni better for updates. Da Vinchi ok But dont give keys.