Wireless network through PCMCIA/CAM

eminem120176

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+duo, DM500, SS2, Sky+HD, 1.2m dish motorised
My Location
Nottingham
Hello,

Not bought a dreambox yet, however getting closer to comiting to one after my experience with motorised SkyStar 2.

One question that I'm unable to answer is theoretically/or has it been done, can a PCMCIA card be used in a Dreambox's CAM slot to access a wireless network.

Your answers are fully appreciated.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Welcome

The DreamBox can be used with a wireless network but I don't think you can use a PCMCIA card in the CAM slot.

But I stand to be corrected...

gb2

Reaction score
gameboy said:
Welcome

The DreamBox can be used with a wireless network but I don't think you can use a PCMCIA card in the CAM slot.

But I stand to be corrected...

I'm not sure if this aplies to the DB7000.. but,
PCMCIA connectors are 16bit, PCCard's are 32 bit.
The wifi cards you can buy are all PCcard(32bit)..
(you can tell it's pccard, just by looking at the golden strip near the connector...)

joe publik

Reaction score
Do not plug a PCMCIA card into the CAM slots ... WiFi can be provisioned using the USB socket on the back of the DB. It works well (unlike a PCMCIA wlan card in the CAM slot, you will break soemthing doing that ...)

freddy

Reaction score
I thought PCMCIA was just a conecter standard,Arnt cams just PCMCIA conecters with card reader and some memorey?

I would imagine the problem would be with the image?