Wiring problems (Ireland)

milo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+ multi-room (one room) sky free view box (UK) sky dish techno mate 1500ci+ 80cm motorized dish analogue TV aerial
My Location
ireland
Hi I am looking for some advice, I am new to all of this so I appologise if I have posted in the wrong place. I have two dishes coming into the house one sky with I think 4 lnbs and one 80cm motorized dish with one lnb. Also I have an aerial I have six tv's, all cables go to the loft and then are distributed via an amp around the house. two cables to the lounge and one everywhere else I have just had sky+installed, the installer has taken my analogue cable from the lounge as he said he needed two cables for sky plus. He has directly connected all cables in loft and just left two analogue cables connected via the amp in loft. My analogue has been lost too all but two tv's. My question is can I get analogue back to my other tv's by using a digital bypass amp also can i feed a signal to the rest of the house from my sky+ in the living room. Many thanks for any assistance

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Get the installer back and tell him to do the job properly - sounds like hes done half a job for a quick finish. He should have run extra cables rather than hijack you tv aerial cable - which may not be suitable for satellite reception anyway if its a few years old.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
A Sky installer did a very similar thing at one of my friends houses. Hijacking the cabling that was already installed and leaving you without analogue in most of the house is taking the p*ss. Definitely get them to come back and do it properly!

You can redistribute Sky through the house using the RF modulator on the Digibox. Active channel only of course.