wiring up my house for sky/freeview

caberfeigh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have an external digital ariel which feeds into sky+ box. I have a 'antiference' brand 8 way amplifier/splitter which is fed from the sky box. It in turn is connected to five rooms.
My Location
Moray, Scotland
Hi, I know little about this so if you could help me out and keep it simple, I'd be very grateful. I am trying to send sky and freeview transmissions throughout my house. I have an external digital ariel which feeds directly into the 'ariel in' on the sky+ box in my lounge. I have fed a cable from the 'RF2out' to the UHF connection in a 'antiference' 8 way remote splitter/amplifier. I inturn have 5 feeds from the splitter to rooms which have tv's with built in freeview. I get a '10' strength signal and great picture on the tv in the lounge but the other tv's are poor quality, 40-50% strength. I also can't find any sky signal. Have I wired everything up correctly and if yes, why can't I get a good signal with the other tv's.

caberfeigh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have an external digital ariel which feeds into sky+ box. I have a 'antiference' brand 8 way amplifier/splitter which is fed from the sky box. It in turn is connected to five rooms.
My Location
Moray, Scotland
Hi, I know little about this so if you could help me out and keep it simple, I'd be very grateful. I am trying to send sky and freeview transmissions throughout my house. I have an external digital ariel which feeds directly into the 'ariel in' on the sky+ box in my lounge. I have fed a cable from the 'RF2out' to the UHF connection in a 'antiference' 8 way remote splitter/amplifier. I inturn have 5 feeds from the splitter to rooms which have tv's with built in freeview. I get a '10' strength signal and great picture on the tv in the lounge but the other tv's are poor quality, 40-50% strength. I also can't find any sky signal. Have I wired everything up correctly and if yes, why can't I get a good signal with the other tv's.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome to the forum.

From your description, the living room TV is most probably on direct scart connection as the fault is not present here. Extension points will be using RF and clearly suffering the described symptoms. Most likely the cause is cross modulation with an off air TV broadcast. Try changing the RF output channel of the skydigibox, example ch36 if no VCR's are being used. Also activating the power supply option.

Services> 4> 01select> 4RF outlets > RF channel number > save settings.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome to the forum.

From your description, the living room TV is most probably on direct scart connection as the fault is not present here. Extension points will be using RF and clearly suffering the described symptoms. Most likely the cause is cross modulation with an off air TV broadcast. Try changing the RF output channel of the skydigibox, example ch36 if no VCR's are being used. Also activating the power supply option.

Services> 4> 01select> 4RF outlets > RF channel number > save settings.