Women ?!?

Robbiewright

Member of the Big Dish Club
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky plus V3 and a 50 inch plasma screen.
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
I have my sky box out side the U.K. It's in Cairo. It is all in my girl friends name who in now my X girl friend who has now moved out of Egypt. I have paied up till November some time. I don't have a U.K bank account. She won't talk to me let alone let me to use her name and bank account to keep the sky box going. I might be able to fine a friend in the U.K who might let me use his address but he already has a box.

If I can use his adress, what will I have to do to get it changed over? will I have to take the box back to the U.K to get a new card?

Any other thoughts?

Robbie.

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
effectively you would just be making a change of address which is free and doesn`t involve the need for a card change. possibly you could have a problem if there is an existing box at the address you want to use but i think you can get round this by adding an A to the number of the house ie. number 19A will show as a different property to number 19

.O-grab

i love these new smilies!!

Robbiewright

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
But what about the change of name? or should I just not tell her?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Robbie, knowing how strange Sky call centres can be it may not be this easy, but you may be able to get your friend to ring them and simply take over payment of the card.

If not, then there is nothing to stop your friend in the UK asking for a new card for his newly acquired second box, then you can pay him instead.

Robbiewright

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
Thanks mate, I'll give him a call and see if he will do it for me.

Robbiewright

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
If it dose mean a new card, will the bax have to go back to the U.K to be zapped or what ever thay do?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It can all be done by telephone from the UK Robbie, as long as the box is left switched on where it is you should be OK. When he orders the card, that is of course if they wont let him take over the existing subscription, he will need the details of the box serial number from the services menu.