Working Receiver but No Video/Audio

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
I took a punt on ebay, mostly out of curiosity, on a cheap receiver branded Powerstar Blue Sky 5 mainly because it was very clear from the picture that it is essentially the same as another receiver that I have, viz, Arion AF 1700 (aka Ferguson as well!). At the price, I figured I will at least have a spare remote control for that one.

Anyway, here is the problem I would appreciate help with:

- the receiver powers up fine i.e. the lights come on when switched on and it seems to be going well through the booting up process; the remote control does work with the receiver e.g. pressing channel or up/down button is clearly equally reflected in the figures changing on the receiver's display panel; HOWEVER, the receiver does not output any audio or video to the television!

Any ideas or suggestions will be gratefully received; thanks.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Since you have two machines to play with that are identical, you could start swapping components.

No audio/video, are you getting the OSG and does the receiver scan and identify satellites ?

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
Thanks for reply; in fact, nothing at all comes on the TV screen; it's as though (or indeed is the case) that there is no communication from the receiver to the TV whatsoever.

If I don't get to the bottom of it, I'll just keep it for spares for the other receiver -- which itself is only a spare anyhow.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
That has nothing to do with the audio/video part of the machine then.

Are all power rails working ?
Are all connectors inside fully pushed home ?

Do you get a modulated RF output (if it has one ?)

Have you tried another SCART lead or the other rear connectors ?

What you could do is place both machines together, and using the one remote, go through a full masterclear /reset procedure, in the hope you might bring the duff one back from the dead. Then try a firmware update.