Worst Lnb For The Fringe Reception - Ws International

some888

Member
My Satellite Setup
relook mutant 200s
My Location
england
Hi Guys!
One of my teachers used to say " Wise Man is learning from others mistakes, Smart man is learning from his own mistakes and the Fool is not learning anything at all" :)
So far I can classify myself only as a smart and I give you opportunity to learn from my mistakes.

To the point when testing a different LNBs in thread http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/topic/156245-best-lnb-for-the-fringe-satellite-reception/
I came up with idea to buy and test

WS international ESX524U Universal LNBF -big mistake

I send them an email but obviously no reply


IT supposed to have 0.2db and the best conversion gain I could ever find 70-75db
BUT The LNB is Sipmly CRAP!
Even Cheap ROSS LNB from B&Q beats it on every frequency!

After doing a quick reserch about this "company"

*website is hosted at GoDaddy.com :) it says a lot :)
* production Lines are literally shit hole...... just have a look at the pick on their website..... Testing equipment probably dates to early or mid 80's , no automated assembly line and mess everywhere!

I do not mind for everybody to have their business, but I really hate when somebody trying to rip me off!

If I have a time I will dismantle that LNB to see the components in use, but I think I know already what may be inside.

thanks
 
I thought their YouTube videos were quite interesting. Never seen inside an LNB factory before.
 
From their website


You'll be surprised by the performance & quality of this new ESX524U-FE Universal LNBF,​
GUARANTEED!You'll be surprised by the performance & quality of this new ESX524U-FE Universal LNBF,​
GUARANTEED!​
 
The WS C-band lnb I have works fine, even badly set up on an offset dish using zip ties to hold it in place I managed to get some stuff of 20E
 
Well some888 was surprised - just not in a good way!
 
LNB is working , BUT NOT UP TO specs - actually too much out of specs.....

Even visually when compared to lets say Inverto LNB you can see B grade quality
I will dismantle this LNB today to see the components and I will upload the info and pics ( but so far I had no luck when uploading pics on this forum)
 
Hi Guys!
First at all I'd like to point that I am a more or less the same Sat TV enthusiast like the most of users here and I have no interest of promoting one or other company products.
I bought this LNB on Ebay.us from Official reseller of WS International products.
when I tested this LNB and I saw VERY BAD PEFORMANCE
 
Hi Guys!
First at all I'd like to point that I am a more or less the same Sat TV enthusiast like the most of users here and I have no interest of promoting one or other company products.
I bought this LNB on Ebay.us from Official reseller of WS International products. it cost me about 20 quid including delivery.
when I tested this LNB and I saw VERY BAD PEFORMANCE I wrote 2 emails - one email to seller and one to WS international about if item is genuine or not

Seller replied to me straight way with all the proof for me needed - more then it he offered full refund + postage costs just in case I may be just not happy for any reason.... I really believe in seller honesty.

From another hand WS International never replied to me ( and they never will)

to the point - I dismantled LNB and for now I have all the proof about WS International simply lie about theis specs.

I took all the pictures needed but it is too many of them to publish

* First I'd like to point just terrible assembly quality - honestly I could do it better in my garage
* Cheapest components in use (f connectors, Feedhorn)
* Use of not appropriate Glue ( all I had to do when taking the feed horn cup off just to twist it with bare hands)
* plus sealant and glue were everywhere with terrible leaks (inside the feed horn as well)
* Vertical polariser out of align



you may say it's not too bad - but I will take you a bit futher :)

here are the specs for WS international ESX524U supposed to have:


Input Frequency Range 10.7 - 12.75 GHz
L.O. Frequency 9750/10600MHz
L.O. Stability 1 MHz (-40 - +70° c)
Ouput Frequency Range 950 - 2150 MHz
Noise .2 dB typical
Conversion Gain 70-75dB typical
Input VSWR 2.5:1
Output VSWR 2.0:1 (max)
Connector F Type female
Impedence 75 ohm typical
Cross Polar Isolation >25dB (min.)
Image Rejection 45 dB (min.)
Phase Noise
-50dBc @ 1 KHz
-75dBc @ 10 KHz
-95dBc @ 100KHz
Supply Voltage
Ca: 11.5 - 14.0 V = Vertical Polarization
Cb: 15.5 - 19.0 V = Horizontal Polarization

Operating Temperature -40 - +70 degrees Celsius
Storage Temperature -40 - +80 degrees Celsius
Relative Humidity 0 - 95 %
Throat Diameter 40mm
 
But I promised to dismatle the LNB and I did
just guess what converter block is inside?
it is GKF-2134
It belongs to GECEN and here are original specs:


Input Frequency Range
Low Band:10.70~11.70GHz
High Band:11.70~12.75GHz
L.O. Phase Noise
-50dBc/Hz@1KHz
-75dBc/Hz@10KHz
-95dBc/Hz@100KHz
Output Frequency Range
Low Band:950~1950MHz
High Band:1100~2150MHz
Image Rejection 40dB(Min.)
Noise Figure Low Band:0.6dB(Typ.)
High Band:0.6dB(Typ.)
Output VSWR
2.0:1(Max.)
Conversion Gain 60dB(Typ.) Output Power 0dBm (Min.)(at 1dB gain compression)
Gain Flatness ±0.5dB/26MHz Connector Type 75Ω Female Connector
Cross POL. Isolation 25dB(Typ.) DC Current Consumption 160mA (Typ.)
L.O. Frequency Low Band:9.75GHz
High Band:10.60GHz Low/High Band Switching Low Band: 0 Hz
High Band:22KHz±4KHz
L.O. Frequency Stability ±1.0MHz(Max.)@+25°C
±2.0MHz(Max.)@-30°C~+70°C POL. Switching Voltage 10.5~14.0 V @VP
16.0~20.0 V @HP
Operating Temperature -30°C~+70°C

what we can see with WS International another example of re branding Chinese OEM and just SHAMELESSLY ADDING NEW NON EXISTING SPECS
for now I have all the proof and I'm taking it to trading standards

thanks
 
Oh my...... That's a surprise. So you are saying that the Chinese LNB and this WS one is identical inside?
 
Some pictures would be nice.
 
what we can see with WS International another example of re branding Chinese OEM and just SHAMELESSLY ADDING NEW NON EXISTING SPECS
for now I have all the proof and I'm taking it to trading standards

For a £5 LNB ?

All the branded LNBs - even the well known ones - will have originated from just a few sources, running a factory production line isn't an attractive option for many. As for 'specification' if the box or flyer has 'E and OE' anywhere, you have no comeback as it is promotional blurb 'get out' clause.

Will you take the Ross unit apart to check who the manufacturer is ?
 
I gladly upload the pictures if the forum software will allow me doing that in not perverted way.... I tried before.... but no luck

the cheapest you can find ESX524U is starting from 24 USD, and if I'm mistaken some of their C/KU band are even more expensive then Invacom..... what is pissing me off they promote themselves as a top manufacturer " with the latest technology".....
[quoteFor a £5 LNB ?][/quote]

Guys Why Should I take ROSS apart? it is working up to specs from my point of view ...... But WS ESX524U was not..... and I believe I proved it already

Actually I could dismantle all LNBs...... but after that they obviously will go into the bin..... and I'm not so rich to afford it

thanks
 
Back
Top