Xmas Present from Ned. C+ ?

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello All

I understand that C+ Neds. will not now be changing their Encryption Method until March 2002.

Good news for S1 people who want some variety over Christmas.

My guess is that they may have brought forward the demise of their other method to the same date.

Kind regards

W.Hole

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The demise of Irdeto (v1) is unlikely. As I think I've stated here recently, they have made statements repeatedly about supporting Irdeto for as long as there are Irdeto receivers in the market (and they still have 160,000 Irdeto cards in use).

The delay in implementing Mediaguard v2 is due to the uncertain status of C+Benelux (it is being sold, and most likely will go to... you guessed it... Newscorp).

Local Dutch Sat dealers I've talked to have been saying for the past month that it is even possible there will be no switch at all to Mediaguard v2.

2old

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello OM

If they don't go at all, that would be wonderful.

'All things come to he who waits', and I suppose all Films come to your channel eventually - I just want to see the bike racing, and Neds/NOS carry most of what is not FTA.

I have my doubts though- but I think it might have been you who said that perhaps they couldn't afford it.

Not on their own, but with a little help from Bongos best friend?

We can only hope that one day he will overstreatch himself like the Captain and others........

REgards

W.H.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The Canal+Rood & Blauw teletext pages carried the following text on page 826 up until a few months ago:
(English translation below)

"
Voor abonnees met een digitale schotelinstallatie
Nieuwe generatie decoders:
Zoals u waarschijnlijk wel heeft gemerkt, is er een nieuwe generatie digitale schotelontvangers op de markt geintroduceerd: de Mediasat decoders.
CANAL+ blauw en rood en het gratis pakket worden ook in deze nieuwe standaard uitgezonden.
Deze nieuwe standaard zal voor u absoluut geen gevolgen hebben. CANAL+ zal zowel uw huidige Irdeto decoder als de nieuwe generatie decoders ondersteunen.
Geruchten dat uw decoder binnenkort niet meer werkt zijn dus absoluut niet waar. Zolang er digitale Irdeto decoders, zoals die van u, bij de consument staan zal CANAL+ deze blijven ondersteunen.
"

English translation [my own comments in square brackets]
"
For subscribers with a digital satellite installation
New Generation receivers:
As you have probably noticed, a new generation of digital satellite receivers has been introduced: the Mediasat receivers [these are the Mediaguard-capable receivers].
Canal+Blauw [Blue] & Rood [Red] and the free-package [Ned1/2/3 RTL4/5 SBS6 V8 Veronica Net5 BVN TMF etc] are also transmitted in this new standard [Mediaguard].
This new standard will have absolutely no consequences for you. Canal+ will support both your current Irdeto receiver and the new generation.
Rumours that your receiver will soon stop working are absolutely untrue. As long as there are digital Irdeto decoders (such as yours) with the consumer, Canal+ will continue to support them.
"

2old

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
What! A programme supplier putting the interests of their customers first. This has to stop.

Jimbo

A

Aistys

ohhh no whats gona be know they delayed switch to seca 2 what know did hackers will public the keys for seca 2???