Yorkshire/Showtime/Dish Size?

djc

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

1.8m Channel Master soon to be installed
My Location
Doncaster
I am thinking about a Showtime sub for the coming season and know that my 88cm would be useless. From other posts I have read I am thinking I need a 2.4m dish, but would like to hear from someone who already has a 2.4m dish in the Midlands to North of England and if they are able to get all the Showtime channels?

Thanks
 
Just been doing a bit of messing and can't pick up anything on 7W on my 88cm dish, even on the strongest transponder. Should I be able to with this dish in Yorks? There are some tree's in the distance, but don't know if they are interfering?
 
If you want Showtime - which is on the polarity which is exceptionally weak in the UK - then something around 2m / 6 feet should give you a chance.

HOWEVER, you may find you need something considerably bigger :eek:
 
Go for DigitalAlb (16E) or Premiere Germany (19E) instead - thats a FAR more sensilble option in most of the UK.
 
Don't think the coverage will be as good though, from the look of it, Showtime will be broadcasting most of the available matches.
 
djc said:
I am thinking about a Showtime sub for the coming season and know that my 88cm would be useless. From other posts I have read I am thinking I need a 2.4m dish, but would like to hear from someone who already has a 2.4m dish in the Midlands to North of England and if they are able to get all the Showtime channels?

Thanks


i used to have a 1.6 fortec using a 0.3 sharp my town hartlepool results 55% for mbc roughly the same for one tv on vereticals using a tech 1500 during the day the signal could drop 20%, did get 35% end 33% for a few horizontals at night time only
 
Back
Top