You cannot be serious ! (Wimbledon)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Having worked for seven days without a break, and thinking I could relax in front of the television this afternoon to catch up on the past weeks tennis (tomorrow having some of the more important mens and womens singles draws), I turn on the Freeview and find any repeat of the games are nowhere to be seen.

Instead we have (yet another ) Diagnosis Murder, the coma-inducing EastEnders omnibus, and fekking showjumping. The speciality channels have foreign footie and Glastonbury.

Theres not even any catch up programme tonight, and the results on the Beebs website are additionally lacking.

Really hacked off.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
But I think that is the fact that the first Sunday of the fortnight is always match free so it gives everyone a chance to draw breath.
Hail the invention of the PVR, I could not manage without one TBH

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
There's iPlayer as well if your computer is up to it.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Salty25 said:
There's iPlayer as well if your computer is up to it.

Thanks, and no, the message constantly comes up 'insufficient bandwidth' (not that I would want to watch on the PC screen anyway)

I do have a Sagem PVR, but the hard drive is already 92% full with stuff I still would like to watch - at some point.

One would have thought that with four or five interavctive channels available to the BBC, they could have used more than just two for Glastonbury and Spain v Africa :confused

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Channel Hopper said:
Thanks, and no, the message constantly comes up 'insufficient bandwidth' (not that I would want to watch on the PC screen anyway)

I do have a Sagem PVR, but the hard drive is already 92% full with stuff I still would like to watch - at some point.

One would have thought that with four or five interavctive channels available to the BBC, they could have used more than just two for Glastonbury and Spain v Africa :confused

Certainly does seem strange that they couldn't even manage rolling highlights on one screen. I must say though that, to be fair to them, they were showing Yesterday at Wimbledon before the Spain/SA game started - for all I know, it might be on again so it's worth having another look.

I'm with you on iPlayer,mine just can't cope with it. Luckily, I've been saving up so it won't be long until I have a new one.

If you have loads on you PVR, I guess you could get a DVD recorder and transfer what you want to keep on to DVD to watch later, I do that alot.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Salty25 said:
If you have loads on you PVR, I guess you could get a DVD recorder and transfer what you want to keep on to DVD to watch later, I do that alot.

Yes well my PVR already does copying to DVDs but another possible solution I would have thought would be to buy a large backup type hard drive and copy stuff onto that, assuming there is an interface on the PVR of course.

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Yes, that´s the way to do it. Fill up some DVD´s and TB harddrives with Stuff I will look at soon.

Been doing that for years now.

Even got me a few nice DVD´s from the late newspaper that I will look at, soon.

However, soon never comes :-rofl2

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
dig deep said:
Yes, that´s the way to do it. Fill up some DVD´s and TB harddrives with Stuff I will look at soon.

Been doing that for years now.

Even got me a few nice DVD´s from the late newspaper that I will look at, soon.

However, soon never comes :-rofl2

The main reason why I haven't just deleted the PVR hard drive, or copied everything over, thinking I might get a couple of evenings clear to sit down and watch the lot. :-Nooo