Newbie Here Astra 2xxx

mad mac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 meter prime focus. 2 output Inverto LNB, Konig decoder.
My Location
Sweden on Norway border
I have not been on line since the days of Robs sat. I have a new problem. I have a 4 meter dish, which provided me with all I needed. I was away over xmas, and on return, every thing has vanished. I know the shift to HD, but I had HD before. I can see signal strength, good, and depending on cloud and snow, quality more than adequate. Yes, I know the border Sweden / Norway has weak signal. Thus 4 meter. And a 5 meter broom to clean snow. I have retuned several times. France 24, al Jaz, CNN, and lots of religion, are about all I can see.
I am probably missing some thing silly, but suffering from brain burnout. Any suggestions welcome.

dmaavrigdo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m Laminas OFC1200 dish
Inverto Quad Black Ultra IDLT-QDL412-ULTRA-OPN
Octagon SF8008 twin
Yamaha HTR-2067
My Location
Vansbro Sweden
Tiny tweak to E or W while watching a BBC SD transponder signal meter? Here in Vansbro Sweden I get no UK HD at all.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
A full retune of the Astra 2 satellite (manual and perhaps blind scan as well) may bring in the lost channels if you think the dish outside is on station.

Inverto LNBs are notorious for losing one polarity after a few years in the field.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
In no particular order

LNB (partial) failure (If you are using a black Inverto its quite possible one polarity has failed as CH says - Ive had no end lose the H polarity after about 4 or 5 years use)
water in the cable
the dish has moved slightly.

mad mac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sweden on Norway border
A full retune of the Astra 2 satellite (manual and perhaps blind scan as well) may bring in the lost channels if you think the dish outside is on station.

Inverto LNBs are notorious for losing one polarity after a few years in the field.
I have 2 dishes. a baby 2,5 and the biggie. I first thought it was a combnination of snow and ice, damp, etc etc. But 2 days fiddling with the 2,5, I see it is some thing silly. Both use different Lnbs. Right now I have 100717/ H / 21999 , 90 strenght and 73% sig quality. No sign of channel 4. HIGH st TV??

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I have 2 dishes. a baby 2,5 and the biggie. I first thought it was a combnination of snow and ice, damp, etc etc. But 2 days fiddling with the 2,5, I see it is some thing silly. Both use different Lnbs. Right now I have 100717/ H / 21999 , 90 strenght and 73% sig quality. No sign of channel 4. HIGH st TV??

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Check the lnb settings - the Local Oscillator settings should be universal (or 9750/10600)

mad mac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sweden on Norway border
In no particular order

LNB (partial) failure (If you are using a black Inverto its quite possible one polarity has failed as CH says - Ive had no end lose the H polarity after about 4 or 5 years use)
water in the cable
the dish has moved slightly.
Thanks for FB link. It seems Lingsat is not upto date. I just retuned Astra 2 G 10717 h and found a load of channels that lingsat says are at 11568 V.
The dish is bolted to the house. It has to be perfect or it all vanishes. even a couple of degrees off vertical Bye bye. CAbles are spot on. 70 meters from house to dish. Cost a fortune. More waterproof than a dry suit. Not enough signal to run a Humax. But the Konig seems to handle it.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
What model of Konig ?

mad mac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sweden on Norway border
Sadly
What model of Konig ?
dvd-s2. It is the last one I bought before they became impossible to find. Not much elese can work at signal levels that Konig can

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Thanks for FB link. It seems Lingsat is not upto date. I just retuned Astra 2 G 10717 h and found a load of channels that lingsat says are at 11568 V.
The dish is bolted to the house. It has to be perfect or it all vanishes. even a couple of degrees off vertical Bye bye. CAbles are spot on. 70 meters from house to dish. Cost a fortune. More waterproof than a dry suit. Not enough signal to run a Humax. But the Konig seems to handle it.
Lyngsat is correct - your settings are screwed up.

mad mac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sweden on Norway border
Lyngsat is correct - your settings are screwed up.
Confused dot com. Bothj 2g and 2 f show 10714/h/ 22000 as no 1. and 10714/v/ 22000 at 548. But I am sure the decoder cannot tell 2G from 2F. so relies on frequency and polarisation to decode. It has to be some thing simple. Go away for 2 weeks, and the world changes. No BBC ITV or great movies. and tons of signal quality. even the TECHnomate can see signal if the cloud and snow cover is not too bad. But only decodes the bare minimum. It has to be some thing stupid. I had HD on many channels before the changeover-
I have Akaai Arirang MTA1 NHK world all HD. plus several others.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
If the Humax is a Freesat box or doesn't have blind scan, and the Konig is finding channels on incorrect frequencies, that suggests the low band LO in the LNB is to blame (most FTA at 28.2°E is low band). Freesat boxes require the home transponder 11426H & channels to be on the expected (as per Lyngsat) frequencies - if the LO has significantly drifted no channels will be found.

mad mac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sweden on Norway border
If the Humax is a Freesat box or doesn't have blind scan, and the Konig is finding channels on incorrect frequencies, that suggests the LO in the LNB is to blame. Freesat boxes require the channels to be on the expected (as per Lyngsat) frequencies - if the LO has significantly drifted no channels will be found.
It is an idea. But both dishes have their own LNB. So the chances of both dying the same week is slim. And I do have CNN Fr 24 bloomberg. Just BBC ITV and great movies have vanished. But any suggestion is welcome. Will take note.
I will try to change the LNB on the small dish. I need scaffolding to reach the LNB on big dish. Plus it is a bit sensitive. plus or minus a mm.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
11568 - 10600 LO = 968MHz IF

968 + 9750 LO = 10718MHz

Something is stopping the LNB switching to low band, which is why you are missing all the low band channels and high band channels are being shown as low band frequencies.

dmaavrigdo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m Laminas OFC1200 dish
Inverto Quad Black Ultra IDLT-QDL412-ULTRA-OPN
Octagon SF8008 twin
Yamaha HTR-2067
My Location
Vansbro Sweden
I second that.
It is an idea. But both dishes have their own LNB. So the chances of both dying the same week is slim. And I do have CNN Fr 24 bloomberg. Just BBC ITV and great movies have vanished. But any suggestion is welcome. Will take note.
I will try to change the LNB on the small dish. I need scaffolding to reach the LNB on big dish. Plus it is a bit sensitive. plus or minus a mm.
If same problem with both I don't see how changing one will do any good. Try the Technomate. If your other boxes were left on while you were away they may have been clobbered by a power surge or lightning hit.

mad mac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sweden on Norway border
I second that.

If same problem with both I don't see how changing one will do any good. Try the Technomate. If your other boxes were left on while you were away they may have been clobbered by a power surge or lightning hit.
I have to say this a weirdo problem. But there may be clues in what people are saying. I have a very old Konig I was saving for a rainy day. No HDMI, Has not been on for ages. I just did a search. I Have France 24 at 6 or 7 frequencies, but Lyngsat only show 2 on 2EFG. with TJC and bloomberg. I did put every thing on standby when I left, and we had 2 ft of snow when I was away.and minus 25.
I came looking for clues. Quite a few provided here. I am sure there is a simple answer.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
If you set the LNB settings to Single, LO 9750 and 22KHz to off, what scans in?

mad mac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sweden on Norway border
If you set the LNB settings to Single, LO 9750 and 22KHz to off, what scans in?
I cannot switch off 22Khz, either on or auto. But this morning I tried auto 22 and auto polarity. This is disturbing my sleep. It seems what ever I set , I get the same pile of do do. France cnn bloomberg. and religion.I may just do a master reset and see what happens. It will sort it , or die in the interval. I will come back later and publish any results. Bad enough dealing with no signal on the border of Sweden/ Norway. Never mind electronics playing up. MAster reset, Nit a damn bit of difference. NO bbc itv, etc. I should have smelled a rat when ch 5 stuff vanished a few weeks before xmas, But rarely watch so no loss.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
Do you get 12422 H 27500? SD BBC channels in high band.