Newbie Here Astra 2xxx

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 2.4m motorised offset dish, Viking Ku-band 2-ports motorised feed, 2 SMW LNBs, RC2000A, Dreambox DM920.
My Location
Milan, Italy
Have you any chance to make some test using a meter? This could be very helpful to identify the problem.

dmaavrigdo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m Laminas OFC1200 dish
Inverto Quad Black Ultra IDLT-QDL412-ULTRA-OPN
Octagon SF8008 twin
Yamaha HTR-2067
My Location
Vansbro Sweden

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK

mad mac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 meter prime focus. 2 output Inverto LNB, Konig decoder.
My Location
Sweden on Norway border
Do you get 12422 H 27500? SD BBC channels in high band.
NO. my tuner has found "good" signal at 12476. It appears not to see 12422- This is facinating.Someone suggested the LNB may have a fault. I am starting to have sympathy with this idea-
But an LNB that I trust for a prime focus that I can add the diffuser to, is not common. I am back to the old Inverto.
I am looking at the tP list , and I seem to be getting 90% sugnal strength on many channels. and 70 plus quality. I find this a bit weird. Just finding a bloody signal of even 50% up here was hard. Plus they do not seem to vary with time- As the satelite oscillates many sats escape the narrow beam my dish gives. I had to go out after tea and tune every thing for best signal as night. Tune it in the morning, and the picture can break up in the evening. Any suggestion on LNB s woiuld be good-

mad mac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sweden on Norway border
It seems the brand name " NEDIS" has replaced Konig. I have ordered one from Germany.
While on the subject I have tried and tested many sat decoders. None have worked. But in a weird way , this Technomate seems to see signals that all the rest could not. and is picking up exactly what the konig sees. That is every thing that is not listed in Freeview-
Every get the feeling that the Murdochs are out to get you.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Every get the feeling that the Murdochs are out to get you.
The Murdochs havent had a controlling interest in Sky for several years......... Its now owned by Comcast (NBC's parent company)

mad mac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sweden on Norway border
The Murdochs havent had a controlling interest in Sky for several years......... Its now owned by Comcast (NBC's parent company)
I believe it was them who launched the satelites that stopped most of europe watching gree uk tv. But i am often wrong. I was good when I first moved here. I could get most channels with a wok and an LNB. Then they put up that narrow band sateelite. That is when my problems started.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Errr. Sky didnt "put up any satellites". SES-Astra ( and Eutelsat in the early days) put them up. The satellites beams were designed in consultation for the broadcast needs of their customers. Narrow beams would have been specified by BBC ITV & C4 because of their fta programming.

As most of Sky's programming was encrypted & historically they were on the wide beams I doubt very much Sky asked for spot beams. The only reason some of Sky's programming is on the spot beams today is Sky need to spread the programming out across satellites because of the number of transponders they use.

Give it 10-15 years & we will be crying out for the good old days as satellite delivery diminishes in importance as things move to IP delivery. THEN you will be complaining....

mad mac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sweden on Norway border
I believe it was them who launched the satelites that stopped most of europe watching gree uk tv. But i am often wrong. I was good when I first moved here. I could get most channels with a wok and an LNB. Then they put up that narrow band sateelite. That is when my problems started.