Cheapo Nastyo HD receiver help Opticum vs Megasat vs Ariva vs Xoro vs smart vs cheap

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
godzillafan said:
Just brought one and got these thrown in latest firmware, full loaded channels list, and a week free

Not sure what the free week is but its a extra and I dont mind.

sats loaded as well most common astra ones

is thats a good deal for 70 bucks?

cheers V

pmsl, i cant belive the nerve of some people, was this off ebay?

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90, 1 black ultra HighGrain Quuad, 20 smart lnb (2 twins), 16/1 diseqc switch, 2x emp 4/1, S9HD, Vu+ Uno,
My Location
South Wales
paxrax said:
pmsl, i cant belive the nerve of some people, was this off ebay?

Yip off the bay - asked the seller if he will help with some sats and a guide as I have never firm before
The free week he is throwing in, is free sport and film in for a week, must be a card or something.

Great help from the chap - just need to wait until it arrives and feedback afterwards.

I guess its a good deal.

shamonee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox S9 receiver
My Location
midlands
It wont Be a card. You will need to plug it into your broadband

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90, 1 black ultra HighGrain Quuad, 20 smart lnb (2 twins), 16/1 diseqc switch, 2x emp 4/1, S9HD, Vu+ Uno,
My Location
South Wales
shamonee said:

cheers for that - was trying to figure out how it will come with the preloaded week.

Never had one of these machines before so was unsure.

cheers

RichardinSpain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky 1.5 m FTE dish Amiko Alien SHD8900 receiver, Gigablue Quad
& 80cm dish for Nilesat or badr with Amstrad sky receiver
Dreambox 500s motsat3 motor
My Location
Totana Murcia Spain
Im looking to buy either the openbox s9 or s10...I live in Spain so the sensitive tuner will come in handy...What i want to know though is i will be wanting to use it with a sky ftv card...How easy would it be to set it up..will it work
by just inserting the card?
Cheers

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
shouldn't be a problem at all, as long as you can get a signal from where you are.

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
shamonee said:

Hi S

Got the box today and scanned the box with the sat cable and got bbc 1 HD and all that jazz after a couple of mins.

Its comes up as hotbird 1/ astra.....
it runs out space to tell me what sat and sat info it is
how can I check to see which actual sat its beamed from?

EPG is on there but only for now and next
I need to play with the fav and the channel guide to get some sort of listing together.

not put the broadband on it yet.

need to find a place for help and guides for the s9 and make it into a nice little box.

glad to get the hd channels.

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
godzillafan said:
Hi S

Got the box today and scanned the box with the sat cable and got bbc 1 HD and all that jazz after a couple of mins.

Its comes up as hotbird 1/ astra.....
it runs out space to tell me what sat and sat info it is
how can I check to see which actual sat its beamed from?

EPG is on there but only for now and next
I need to play with the fav and the channel guide to get some sort of listing together.

not put the broadband on it yet.

need to find a place for help and guides for the s9 and make it into a nice little box.

glad to get the hd channels.

i dont really want to link to another satellite forum, but i just googled openbox s9 guide and the first thread was pretty concise.

if theres any specific questions ill do my best!

shamonee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox S9 receiver
My Location
midlands
Press menu, satellite list, choose k_eurobird 1&ast (28.2) so it has a tick next to it.
Then exit, single satellite scan fta only = no, scan mode = blind scan choose search takes several minutes.
Exit it all press ok channel list comes up left & right switches between channel lists ( can be uploaded or edited in menu, edit channel, TV channel list)
Firstly connect it to your broadband and choose a non fta channel (remember you only have 1 weeks worth so don't waste time)

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
Cheers guysI will have s search and see what extra help there is.Thanks for the heads up - the broadband I will fix in a couple if days as I am getting a homeplug and switch so I can run a few cables into the box, tv and laptop.Will choose the week and not waste it.Also going to start it to my dcs/hdd recorder and see igmf I can record channels.BBC us was 1080 but horror channel was 576i as were a few others. Not sure why that wasJust need to play with it former a few days and setup some channels. Also going to strap another lnb on the current dish and see what happensCheers

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
shamonee said:
Press menu, satellite list, choose k_eurobird 1&ast (28.2) so it has a tick next to it.
Then exit, single satellite scan fta only = no, scan mode = blind scan choose search takes several minutes.
Exit it all press ok channel list comes up left & right switches between channel lists ( can be uploaded or edited in menu, edit channel, TV channel list)
Firstly connect it to your broadband and choose a non fta channel (remember you only have 1 weeks worth so don't waste time)

cheers for the info

how do I get the time to stay
fixed the time and date but when I go into the standby and start again the date time goes back to default!
bascially the epg wont work with this

its on 28.2e - is there a 7 day epg for this?

thanks V

shamonee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox S9 receiver
My Location
midlands
There is no 7 day epg only now & next. Not sure what you mean about the time & date mines ok.

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
shamonee said:
There is no 7 day epg only now & next. Not sure what you mean about the time & date mines ok.

thanks re@ epg - will need to research that and see if any 7 day is available

the clock

yes

the timer - I set it - I add date and time.

When I go into standby

and then turn it back on to watch

the timer goes back to factory default and the epg goes back to default (no times set).

Needing to input the time each time.

I did a 7777/8888 on it and its come up as ID 00EA - sites are saying thats a original box which is good - how do i check its got the latest firmwire on it - is it listed anywhere?

cheers V

shamonee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox S9 receiver
My Location
midlands
The timer is for recordings. You need a USB drive in the back to be able to do this. Timeshift = being able to pause live TV ffwd/rwd

PS there is no 7 day epg available for this box just now & next. If you have a smartphone download the sky+ app

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
i may be missing something, but what has the sky+ app got to do with the openbox?

shamonee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox S9 receiver
My Location
midlands
Nothing but its a 7day epg which is easy to access.
Its an easily accessible TV guide for a smartphone. I have an openbox and I use it.

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
shamonee said:
Nothing but its a 7day epg which is easy to access.
Its an easily accessible TV guide for a smartphone. I have an openbox and I use it.

aha, good point lol, never thought of that!

mind you , i only really watch the footy!

shamonee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox S9 receiver
My Location
midlands
Same here, got full sky package & don't watch the movies. Download films I wanna watch. Mrs watches soaps & I watch sport
But handy to know anyway

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
shamonee said:
The timer is for recordings. You need a USB drive in the back to be able to do this. Timeshift = being able to pause live TV ffwd/rwd

PS there is no 7 day epg available for this box just now & next. If you have a smartphone download the sky+ app

Cheers S

its not the timer its the actual date and time setting.

you put the current date and time in and the current crappy epg works. go into standby, but when you turn it on, your date and time is not there. is this normal you have to input the date each time?

if so whats the use of that function where it wont save todays date.

sky+ on phone - nice one - put that on the phone.

is there any epg's available for the s9?

cheers

shamonee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox S9 receiver
My Location
midlands
I don't remember putting the date & time in.
Have you connected it to your broadband yet? I have a feeling it gets it through the internet?? Perhaps I'm wrong.
I mean I turn mine off at night (completely) how does it remember the time in the morning with no onboard memory? I've never looked into it. I just got it out the box.plugged into internet. Uploaded a channel list. Scanned satellite. Edited lists to own preference. Then got into c/s
Never looked back
There is no EPG if you Google it you will see endless posts complaining NO EPG. But that's the downside of this box.
I upgraded from dreambox 500s that would crash in the middle of football matches. Having to reboot (time consuming) and was only SD. For a first box it was ok but I wanted something reliable & felt my HD telly wasn't reaping the benefit. Yes it may have been the image but I had just got into the satellite market.
So I went for the S9 so simple to use and HD. It does what I want & never failed (touch wood).