Help!! S.o.s.

Veton Tigani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kopernikus DCPI + S
My Location
Kosova
[h=6]Hi guyz, watzuup! I'm new here (guess why, lol) I've had some problems with my receiver & accidentally I reset my digital receiver & now all channels are lost. I think I only had these 3 ones : EutelsatW2, Turksat1C & Astra (don't remember exactly which one), I think I just turned back EutelsatW2 somehow, but If I scan for the others, It cant find them... could someone here have mercy on me & help me out to configure the other 2 ones, cause I'm really hopeless regarding these configuring stuff. plz help. :(
btw... My receiver is "Kopernikus DCIP+S".
[/h]

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hello VT, welcome to the forum. :)

You probably need to set the disecq switching up again. Somewhere in the menus will be an lnb configuration page. W2 which is 16E will be on port a or 1 which is why that one is working.

Turksat would have given you Turkish channels at 42E, & Astra is probably Astra 1 at 19E (mainly German channels).

You need to set one of the others up on port 2 or b then the third on port 3 or c Do them one at a time until the system works again.

As your satellites lists are out of date you might want to have a look at the relevant pages here:

-http://www.flysat.com/satlist.php

You might find some additional channels

Veton Tigani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kopernikus DCPI + S
My Location
Kosova
Analoguesat said:
Hello VT, welcome to the forum. :)

You probably need to set the disecq switching up again. Somewhere in the menus will be an lnb configuration page. W2 which is 16E will be on port a or 1 which is why that one is working.

Turksat would have given you Turkish channels at 42E, & Astra is probably Astra 1 at 19E (mainly German channels).

You need to set one of the others up on port 2 or b then the third on port 3 or c Do them one at a time until the system works again.

As your satellites lists are out of date you might want to have a look at the relevant pages here:

-http://www.flysat.com/satlist.php

You might find some additional channels

aawww... man I don't wanna lie to you I could only understand maybe 20% of what u said, could u have the nerves to explain it to me in a hhmmm... how to say, in an easier way for me plz (if there is an easier explanation for dummies). also I really appreciate Ur Help :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ok lets start from first principles.

Do you have:

one motorised dish

one dish with mutiple lnb's at the end of the arm

three dishes.

The second & third options are set up the same, if its motorised then we need to point you in the right direction of a motor guide.

Veton Tigani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kopernikus DCPI + S
My Location
Kosova
Analoguesat said:
Ok lets start from first principles.

Do you have:

one motorised dish

one dish with mutiple lnb's at the end of the arm

three dishes.

The second & third options are set up the same, if its motorised then we need to point you in the right direction of a motor guide.

do you mean if my satellite dish turns Itself automatic or manual !? (I know that everytime I switched through satellites It turned Itself automaticly),
ps: hope that Im not annoying you cause Im a virgin regarding these receivers & satellites sites. hope u can help me out of this u would be my savior.

when I click on the MENU there are these options:
1. LNB. Power >> On & Off.
2. Motorized ANT. Settins
3. DiSEqC 1.2 Limit Settings
4. TP Configurations

the others I dont think they're necessary.
what do I have to do now step by step!?

If I can I will even try to take Pictures of the Satellite Receiver (MENU) & post it here If possible.

Veton Tigani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kopernikus DCPI + S
My Location
Kosova
for god sake I beg you guys, someone help me out of this plz It sux without TV :(

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
With all due respect VT this is a self help forum and nobody has the time to hold your hand and indeed nobody can unless they have experience of your particular setup and equipment. There are very many useful tutorials and threads in the dish setup forum but you will have to read them then if you are stuck ask a question.

Veton Tigani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kopernikus DCPI + S
My Location
Kosova
Topper said:
With all due respect VT this is a self help forum and nobody has the time to hold your hand and indeed nobody can unless they have experience of your particular setup and equipment. There are very many useful tutorials and threads in the dish setup forum but you will have to read them then if you are stuck ask a question.

thnx for Ur attention but could u at least be so kind & send me the links to those tutorial plz, u would spare me a lot of time searching for them cause this forum is huge.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well there is not a tutorial per say for your Kopernikus which was described by a poster in 2004 as antiquated, but in general terms what A/S said at the beginning is completely correct you need to allocate a port on your disecq switch for each lnb (satellite) you have, then you will have to do a scan whether that be a satellite scan on each stored satellite, network scan on each satellite or a blind scan on all satellites allocated to the disecq switch, the methodology of this is unknown to me as I have no experience of your receiver, nor do we even know what type of switch you have either committed or uncommitted. If you are wanting to correct the mistake you made then you must take the time to learn about your stb or alternatively employ an installer to set it all up for you.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Veton Tigani said:
do you mean if my satellite dish turns Itself automatic or manual !? (I know that everytime I switched through satellites It turned Itself automaticly),
when I click on the MENU there are these options:
1. LNB. Power >> On & Off.
2. Motorized ANT. Settins
3. DiSEqC 1.2 Limit Settings
4. TP Configurations

It sounds like your dish is motorized, which means the dish itself moves from satellite to satellite, as you select it on your receiver. Can you please take some photographs, of the dish, LNB, or LNB's, and motor, if you do have one.
If it is a motorised set up you were probably using Usals, for which you need your latitude, and longitude, to set it up again.
Who set it up originally?

Veton Tigani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kopernikus DCPI + S
My Location
Kosova
Mickha said:
It sounds like your dish is motorized, which means the dish itself moves from satellite to satellite, as you select it on your receiver. Can you please take some photographs, of the dish, LNB, or LNB's, and motor, if you do have one.
If it is a motorised set up you were probably using Usals, for which you need your latitude, and longitude, to set it up again.
Who set it up originally?

First I would like to thank you for willing yourself to help me out of this & I really appreciate It. :)
I wanted to make pictures of the menus today (cause I borrowed a cam. from a friend) but unfortunately Its batteries are empty, but I will buy new ones tomorrow & I will take as many pictures from each menu part & post It here. OK?

PS: Yes my DISH is motorized I wrote before, each time I used to switch between other satellites... It turned Itself automatically.

Veton Tigani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kopernikus DCPI + S
My Location
Kosova
Topper said:
Well there is not a tutorial per say for your Kopernikus which was described by a poster in 2004 as antiquated, but in general terms what A/S said at the beginning is completely correct you need to allocate a port on your disecq switch for each lnb (satellite) you have, then you will have to do a scan whether that be a satellite scan on each stored satellite, network scan on each satellite or a blind scan on all satellites allocated to the disecq switch, the methodology of this is unknown to me as I have no experience of your receiver, nor do we even know what type of switch you have either committed or uncommitted. If you are wanting to correct the mistake you made then you must take the time to learn about your stb or alternatively employ an installer to set it all up for you.

Yep It is true my receiver is truly a dinosaur fossil, but u must understand that we live in a post-war country where 75% of the population are poor & cant afford cable TV, that's why we still kept our old receivers & keep watching through dishes for free.
there used to be a lot of installers around here but It seems like they all disappeared without a trace, cant find any. I found one today but he asked for 25 euro's to fix it (& he wasn't even sure If he can do It) & U'll have to know Its a lot of money for here (the main salaries here go around 150euro's). but It looks like "Mickha" down here Is willing to help :)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Veton Tigani said:
Yep It is true my receiver is truly a dinosaur fossil, but u must understand that we live in a post-war country where 75% of the population are poor & cant afford cable TV, that's why we still kept our old receivers & keep watching through dishes for free.
there used to be a lot of installers around here but It seems like they all disappeared without a trace, cant find any. I found one today but he asked for 25 euro's to fix it (& he wasn't even sure If he can do It) & U'll have to know Its a lot of money for here (the main salaries here go around 150euro's). but It looks like "Mickha" down here Is willing to help :)

Nobody on here is unwilling to help that is what we do here...... help people and we have been doing so daily for over 10 years. but a certain amount of input has to come from yourself, ..... I recommend you read the motorized dish tutorials on the link below and try to help yourself
DISH SETUP: Single sat, Multi-Sat & Motorised systems
We are all either poor, unemployed or retired, both or all three and hence have little or no spare cash, so you are not alone.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Your motorised system would of originally been set up / installed using a communication protocol called DiSEqC 1.2 or either USALs. The receiver should have either one of these settings. DiSEqC 1.2 will require you to manually pan the dish and save positions into the receivers memory. If USALs, then your need to reference / calibrate the motor (send it to zero); input your positional details (outlined below) and then drive the dish/motor to a satellite on your receivers sat list, finally channel scan.

Latitude: 42.6026°
Longitude: 20.9030°

Veton Tigani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kopernikus DCPI + S
My Location
Kosova
Ok, I just took the Pictures of the Receivers Menu moments ago, here are the links:

1. Main Menu >> -http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/8366/mainmenuo.jpg
2. Installation >> -http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/4620/installation.jpg
3. Motorized ANT. Settings >> -http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3420/motorizedantsettings.jpg
4. DiSEqC 1.2 Limit Settings >> -http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9131/diseqc12.jpg
5. TP Configuration >> -http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4066/tpconfiguration.jpg
6. LNB >> -http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/7827/lnbyb.jpg

Hope this is more helpful now :s

Veton Tigani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kopernikus DCPI + S
My Location
Kosova
Topper said:
Nobody on here is unwilling to help that is what we do here...... help people and we have been doing so daily for over 10 years. but a certain amount of input has to come from yourself, ..... I recommend you read the motorized dish tutorials on the link below and try to help yourself
DISH SETUP: Single sat, Multi-Sat & Motorised systems
We are all either poor, unemployed or retired, both or all three and hence have little or no spare cash, so you are not alone.

thnx for this to know, now I feel much more comfortable & I appreciate the way you trying to help me how to help myself.
u remembered me a famous thought : the richman gave a fish to the poorman he ate It after a few days he died from hunger. the smartman taught the poorman how to catch fish & he learned how to survive. :)

Veton Tigani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kopernikus DCPI + S
My Location
Kosova
satelliteman said:
Your motorised system would of originally been set up / installed using a communication protocol called DiSEqC 1.2 or either USALs. The receiver should have either one of these settings. DiSEqC 1.2 will require you to manually pan the dish and save positions into the receivers memory. If USALs, then your need to reference / calibrate the motor (send it to zero); input your positional details (outlined below) and then drive the dish/motor to a satellite on your receivers sat list, finally channel scan.

Latitude: 42.6026°
Longitude: 20.9030°

Yes, my motorized system is using DiSEqC 1.2, & one more thing... I forgot to mention that I lost only the channels on the receiver... not the satellite list, the Satellite list is Complete & in Tact I didn't touch It (but Maybe Its not Updated).

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Veton Tigani said:
thnx for this to know, now I feel much more comfortable & I appreciate the way you trying to help me how to help myself.
u remembered me a famous thought : the richman gave a fish to the poorman he ate It after a few days he died from hunger. the smartman taught the poorman how to catch fish & he learned how to survive. :)

We try hard to give folks of all abilities but especially the newcomers to the hobby some confidence with their satellite kit. Then if things go wrong in the future you have a chance to start troubleshooting.

And we always try hard to remember we were all beginners once :)

Veton Tigani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kopernikus DCPI + S
My Location
Kosova
Veton Tigani said:
Ok, I just took the Pictures of the Receivers Menu moments ago, here are the links:

1. Main Menu >> -http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/8366/mainmenuo.jpg
2. Installation >> -http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/4620/installation.jpg
3. Motorized ANT. Settings >> -http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3420/motorizedantsettings.jpg
4. DiSEqC 1.2 Limit Settings >> -http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9131/diseqc12.jpg
5. TP Configuration >> -http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4066/tpconfiguration.jpg
6. LNB >> -http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/7827/lnbyb.jpg

Hope this is more helpful now :s

has anyone checked the pictures yet!? report plz, I posted the pictures so that It Is much easier for you to teach me & easier for me to understand :)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Veton Tigani said:
has anyone checked the pictures yet!? report plz,

We advise waiting at least a day or two if not longer to get a reply. The majority of those that can help.. work so please wait for an answer :)