☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
fergyc said:
The dog feeds are all for Sky, when that bird's been on the arc I've caught an unencrypted one. When my new 80cm comes in I'll use the zone 2 to get the feeds. Someone on LJ's site uses it for the 3pms for the Football League show, it has all the Championship games ect. He marks the elevation scale with tipex at 3pm and uses that.

ooh, now you have my interest!

what size dish is needed for this sat then in the midlands?

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m motorised qualitv decoder manhatten blind search decoder echostar 3600ip
My Location
glasgow
As far as I know 80cm is sufficient.

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
colinp said:
As far as I know 80cm is sufficient.

hmm, so, knowing fook all about this really and never having heard of an inclined sat, if, lets say i locked onto the sat with a fixed dish at 3pm on a saturday, would it need moving over the next 2 hours ;)

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
glasgow
Yes.Check Huevos' post above.

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
so over 2 hours its loses or gains approximately half a degree.

is that enough to lose the signal without moving the dish?

trying to envisage the movement of the sat, does it stay at 2 degrees east and simply incline or decline in orbit?

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
glasgow
Read the post from the start and you will see it moves up and down below the equator in a figure of 8.regards.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
paxrax said:
trying to envisage the movement of the sat, does it stay at 2 degrees east and simply incline or decline in orbit?
Yes it does move east/west a bit but such a small amount that you won't notice on an 80cm dish.

This Saturday ascending node is about 14:55 (UK time) and over the next 2 hours it rises a further 2º. If you correct the dish every 30 minutes you will be able to stay within 0.25º. i.e. move the dish 0.25º above perfect when you adjust and then adjust again when it is 0.25º below perfect... moving 0.5º every time you move the dish.

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
paxrax said:
so over 2 hours its loses or gains approximately half a degree.

is that enough to lose the signal without moving the dish?

I tried it with a Sky Zone 2 dish (60x80cm), I moved it up so it was picking it up (just) at 3pm and the signal got gradually stronger. Never checked if this worked properly though as I went to the match

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
ok, im still a little lost after reading all four pages!

how i see it is -

its always at 2e but at one point in the day its at on the arc so if you figured out at what time it was on the arcyou could try and hit it with a normal motorised 1m by trimming it east from .8w.

however, if its on the arc at 12pm on one day, the next day it would be on the arc at 12.10pm and so on , so forth.

so, even with a dish fixed on 2e you it wouldnt be at the same point in inclination/declination at 3pm on each saturday?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yup you got it :)

Its always at 2E but wobbles up and down in a very elongated figure 8

The time the bird is on the arc moves a few minutes each day so you cant guarantee you will get your footy before the bird wobbles up out of range :D

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
Analoguesat said:
Yup you got it :)

Its always at 2E but wobbles up and down in a very elongated figure 8

The time the bird is on the arc moves a few minutes each day so you cant guarantee you will get your footy before the bird wobbles up out of range :D

but if i lock the dish on 2e and find a way of inclining/declining the dish then i will?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes - as long as you can follow the up/down wobble you will be able to watch the feeds.

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
hmm, looks like i might be joining in on this project especially if wolves get relegated from the prem this season which is looking more and more likely!

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
Keep an eye on the tracking for it and align your dish on Thor. When it's on the arc nudge it along until you get a signal, it's how I did it

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
whats the best transponder to put the box on?

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
Rick said:
It's possible to strap a couple of LNB's to the side of the focal one and adjust until they are set for reception at required times. The inclined birds coming in as on offset. This can be done with a motorised as well.

The Triax Multi LNB brackets mounted vertically work really well for it on a 40mm LNBf, using black premium or eco lnb's let's you get them spaced 2 degrees on a TD110

ok rick, now you have me thinking.

how would you get the triax mount vertical insted of horizontal?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
paxrax said:
how would you get the triax mount vertical insted of horizontal?
Use a long neck LNB (like a Black Ultra) and put the LNB in the dish's LNB holder. Then attach the multibracket to LNB neck, rather than the dish.

Here's the problem using that method: if the dish is on the arc you can only receive the satellite when it is on or below the arc, not above it, because the LNB arm would be in the way. This means the only way for this method to be useful is if the dish were dedicated to this satellite, and oriented with the dish focal point several degrees below the arc (and all the extra LNBs above the one in the breech). Also with 2º LNB spacing, as the satellite crosses from one LNB to the other you will be up to 1º off focus, not helped by the fact that the dish is already operating away from it's focal point (8º from the focal point by the time you get on the top LN:cool:.

For a 4 LNB setup (so you can use a 4:1 DiSEqC switch) you would place the LNBs at 3ºN, 1ºN, 1ºS & 3ºS.

Personally I have tried watching this satellite with the Gibertini 1.5m and have found I start to lose lock on some transponders when the satellite is just over 1/2º from the LNB's prime spot. Maybe on a smaller dish that wouldn't be so bad.

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Northumberland
paxrax said:
whats the best transponder to put the box on?

11248 v 3400

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
Huevos said:
Use a long neck LNB (like a Black Ultra) and put the LNB in the dish's LNB holder. Then attach the multibracket to LNB neck, rather than the dish.

Here's the problem using that method: if the dish is on the arc you can only receive the satellite when it is on or below the arc, not above it, because the LNB arm would be in the way. This means the only way for this method to be useful is if the dish were dedicated to this satellite, and oriented with the dish focal point several degrees below the arc (and all the extra LNBs above the one in the breech). Also with 2º LNB spacing, as the satellite crosses from one LNB to the other you will be up to 1º off focus, not helped by the fact that the dish is already operating away from it's focal point (8º from the focal point by the time you get on the top LN:cool:.

For a 4 LNB setup (so you can use a 4:1 DiSEqC switch) you would place the LNBs at 3ºN, 1ºN, 1ºS & 3ºS.

Personally I have tried watching this satellite with the Gibertini 1.5m and have found I start to lose lock on some transponders when the satellite is just over 1/2º from the LNB's prime spot. Maybe on a smaller dish that wouldn't be so bad.

hmm, maybe isnt a word im keen on pmsl!

will have to think about this if the worst comes to the worst and we get relegated!